General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #1  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Default Green.. *ahem* urine?

To be a bit graphic, has anyone else experienced urine the color of, well... Mountain Dew? I've had this all day today, and I was rather startled by it. I HAVE been eat a lot more green vegetables over the last three days, could that cause it? What would you all recommend I do, if anything? A little freaked out

-Lydia
Old 01-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #2  

I have never had that problem, but, everyone always says to drink lots of water. Make sure that you are drinking enough. If it goes on for more than two days I would call your doctor. Also, you could go to www.webmd.com and type in a search for green urine or someting to that effect. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #3  

Are you taking vitamin C? Veggies are full of it.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #4  

This is unrelated to your issue, but reminded me of a funny moment a couple years ago...

My roommate and I decided to try some stupid new ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It was colored bright, neon blue. It stained our teeth and mouths as we ate it which was annoying enough. But the next day I was not prepared for what came out of me when I went to the bathroom. Let's just say it wasn't urine, but it was the brightest neon green I'd ever seen. My first reaction was OH MY GOD I BETTER GET TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM RIGHT NOW!!! But then I remembered that stupid ice cream from the night before.

Aahhhh, good times.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

I had the same type thing happen with Fruit Loops back about 10 yrs ago when they added a teal green/blue (turquoise) loop...OMG the next day I pooped the same color (sorry TMI), it didnt change my urine but WOW, was I also freaked out.

It is probably something you ate that had a funny dye color, I hope!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #6  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Heehee! My exboyfriend is a firefighter and one of jis buddies brought cupcakes to the station. My ex figured that since the huy is normally a jerk, something was going on so he didn't eat the cupcakes. A couple of hours later he noticed some of the other firefighters were taking each other's heart rate, blood pressure, etc. He asked them, "what's up?" Turns out that all the guys were terrified because their stools and urine were bright red, blue, orange, or green. The jerk had put those color dye tabs you use for Easter eggs in each cupcake! The effect wore off after a few days.

*By the way, I have pale green urine occassionally when I drink tons or water and have more vegetables than normal. I wouldn't woory about it too much. It's your body's way of flushing out the vitamins you don't need or have too much of
Old 01-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Are you taking new vitamins?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #8  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Thanks everyone for responding.

Yes, I've been drinking plenty of water. Between 4 and 6 12-oz. bottles a day. I started taking B-complex vitamins today, but only after I noticed the color-change. And amazingly enough, I haven't had anything with dye in it in at least 3 days (other than chewing gum, but I always chew gum).

After I posted this, I google'd "green urine" and it basically said that asparagus can be one of the big culprits... I've eaten two cans of asparagus in the last four days, so that just might be it :P

Thanks everyone for the advice, and the funny stories!

-Lydia
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lydia . . . I agree that it's probably something you've been eating. I've been having a green poo problem for a couple of days but I know its from the big batch of sanity soup I made . . . with lots of SPINACH . . . Hang in there, girl, this, too, will pass, one way or another.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #10  
Calorie-Counting Diva

meowee, you absolutely cracked me up. ahahahahaha
Closed Thread