General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default Help - A spot of bother

Yesterday morning I woke up with a huge spot (pimple, acne like thing - dunno what you guys call em) on my face, well this morning I have five on my face, 16 on my chest and under my boobs, and they're on my back and bottom and legs as well!!!!

Definitely pimples, not chiciken pox or anything like that. Why is this happening to me, I am 33 for goodness sake, not 13!!!!! Erk just found one in my hairline!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have a dinner dance at the weekend, and will be wearing a little cocktail dress. This is not fair!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:49 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Could it be a sweat induced rash thingy? Have you been going at it too hard in the gym???

You could try exfoliating to get rid of em and cleanse stuff (and a nice concealer for your face), just make sure you have all Dri-Fit / Coolmax fabrics when you're a gym bunny!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:15 AM   #3  

I've been wearing dri fit t-shirts, and I exfoliate every other day. Everyone says I am looking younger, I must be reverting back to being a 13 year old LOL.

I think your probably right though, it is excess sweating, and all the impurities have to go somewhere. i just hope it clears up by Saturday!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

are but you're a thin 13 YO at least
Old 01-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #5  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

I have had a problem with acne in the past and started using Head and Shoulders (dandruff shampoo that contains zinc). I use it on my face and shoulders and other areas. I never had dandruff, but the zinc is antibacterial and will kill the acne germs - it works pretty quickly for me. I do use Proactive for my face, though. (Don't feel bad - I'm 38!)
Old 01-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #6  

Watch this - it could be so many things. Does it itch at all? Are the turning scaly instead of fading? Is each one the same size and shape? It may not be a simple spot (or pimple or zit). If it starts to itch or gets painful see and internist immediately. If it becomes a rash get to a doctor. I had a reaction to grouper (a type of fish) once that did this to me and spent 10 days on prednisone. I also had shingles last year and thought it was a "heat rash" until it went from itchy to painful. Watch to make sure nothing starts towards mouth, nose or eyes. It may also be changes in your hormone levels due to where you are in your cycle (nothing to worry about - welcome to yur 30s) or a new detergent or material in a blouse or brand of panty hose. Think what has changed in the past week. Oh, and by the way, don't worry (I know, big help).
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #7  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh I hear you! I have had problems with acne all my life and just when I think it is going to clear up, a pimple bears her head again. What seems to have helped me lately is an astringent liquid that I rub put on a cotton ball and I wipe it on my chest and face. It seems to shrink them up quicker. I hope you clear up in time for your party! Good luck!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  

Thanks for everyone's help. I have had a nurse at work check me over (he was particularly interested in the ones on my chest, but he didn't get see those ) he thinks they are just pimples rather than anything sinister. I am going to the drugstore today to chat with a pharmacist. I haven't got a chance of getting into my doctors before the weekend. Such a nuisance!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #9  

Are the ProActive products available on your side of the pond? My daughter uses their system and it's amazing at the improvement!! My sister noticed and got the products for her daughter. It won't help for the party this weekend, but if you continue having the problems, I highly recommend it. ProActive Solutions are what the infomercials are called here.....take care!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #10  

Thanks for the tip, never heard of them, but found their website and they do sell in the UK.

I went to the pharmacy after work and had a chat to the pharmacist on duty. She thinks it's a heat reaction, possibly exercise induced, and suggested anti histamines and some aqueous ointment. I've taken a tablet and had a shower using the cream as a soap (another of her suggestions) and they seem to have calmed down.

I'll definitely get some ProActive if it hasn't settled down in a couple of weeks (it's not cheap but if I get a recurrance it'll be worth it) I'm now trying not to worry about it and let the tablets and cream do their magic, worrying about them is going to make them worse!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #11  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hey, you know, the other thing besides the soaps and detergents to think about (just to throw something else in the mix) is whatever lotions you might be using. In the winter I often use a heavier lotion on my body (dry, dry, DRY skin!), but when you exercise and your pores are open, that means more of THAT gets into the follicles too. Sounds stupid to say this, but at this point, when you exercise, you probably want to shower right away (now...I only point this out because on my easy days, I may go down and use the gym from 3-4, then come back and work about an hour, then head home and shower).

If it was me seeing those, I'd chalk it all up to hormones. OMG, perimenopause can be like being a teenager again!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #12  

You're probably right about the showering I do that too. I haven't used any lotions for a week, and the spots came two days ago. It's really difficult eliminating all the things it might be, it's just happened so suddenly. I've been told by the pharmacist not to put any make up on (until the night of the party) so I am about to go to work covered in spots! Now where did I put that old school uniform LOL (you have to keep your sense of humour!)
Closed Thread