General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Default Dancing with the Stars

Hey, anybody else watch this last night? Reality TV has got to be my guilty pleasure I had stumbled across an episode or two last summer and I thought I would check out the opener last night (I've always kinda liked watching ballroom dancing anyway). I think maybe it should be called Dancing with the Has-been/semi/sorta/almost Stars, but......

Kenny Mayne, an ESPN anchor (and former Seattle Seahawk--that's football y'all) was so damn funny, I was almost crying while laughing. Some folks are really good, some bad, some funny....anyway, just a nice reality "fill in" since Survivor and Apprentice are on hiatus.

I'm now thinking about getting dance tapes to add to my exercise tape collection
Old 01-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #2  
it's always something

I only saw a few minutes of one episode in the first season, and it looked fun I saw the movie Strictly Ballroom not too long ago, and dancing looked like so much fun.

Hmm, aerobic ballroom dancing I could see that happening
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I watched too,
I have been begging DH to take lessons forever! Maybe when my sons get married in another 20 or 30 years
Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #4  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Strictly Ballroom has to be one of my favorite movies--it has such fabulous camp!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #5  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

I watched last nights episode but missed the voting result show tonight.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #6  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

OK, the results depressed me--Kenny is out, but P (gangsta cha cha) is still in. Blech.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Which team is your favorite?

Mine would have to be Drew Lachey and his partner.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

You know, I'm not really sure yet. I like Drew too--he DEFINITELY has some spunk. But the woman wrestler is sort of interesting and I have to admit a sort of soft spot for George Hamilton. I mean any guy 66 years old with 4 broken ribs and whose career has really become a hub for humor....well, ya gotta give the guy snaps (and he's always so self-deprecating). My LEAST favorite might be surprising--it's actually Tatum O'Neal. There is something about her that just sort of makes my skin crawl. At least I'm not alone in that thought--discussion boards devoted to the show are (let's put this as nicely as possible not very complimentary.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #9  

we have a version of it in the UK called Strictly Come Dancing. It's great, they invited Rachel Hunter and Evander Hollifield over for the Christmas special. I think it's a great concept. They had on one of the series an opera singer called Aled Jones, who had a bit of a paunch happening and through dancing, he has really trimmed up, quite inspirational. If only I could convince dh to ballroom dance!!!
Closed Thread