General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:20 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Smile Chai tea

I read an article in Woman's World about how drinking hot chai tea could help curb your appetite, so I got some. I had never tried it - and I LOVE it! And it does seem to help me get through times when I just want to munch out of boredom.

Does anyone else drink chai tea and if so, can you recommend the best kind? I have Stash and Tazo - like the Tazo better so far, but would like to try some others if there are better.

thanks!!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:41 AM   #2  
Vegan in Training

I personally LOVE chai. It comes in various forms, actually. You can buy it in the bags or you can buy it in premade concoctions (like Nub Chai and some others). I think there are also various other types, like black chai and some other kinds.

The pre-made liquid blends are good because they come out more flavorful than most people tend to make them with the bags. I also like some of the bag types also, and they tend to be cheaper, I think.

I really like the Nub Chai and also a kind by the Silk company (yeah, that make the soy milks) that's premade and mixed with soy milk. I can't really have that on my diet (since I'm on WeightWatchers Core, and we're only allowed plain soymilk ), but I sometimes have it and just count the points for stuff like that.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #3  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Mmmmm...chai tea. One of my favorite drinks, and I never realized that it's known to be an appetite suppresant!

My favorite kind (taste-wise) is the pre-made liquid chai, because as Mina mentioned, it tends to be more flavorful than the stuff in teabags. The only problem, since I'm on South Beach, is that all the liquid ones I find where I live are loaded with sugar.

So far of the teabag chai teas, I have enjoyed Tazo Chai the most.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #4  
Melting Butter

I drink Bolthouse Farms' Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai Tea with Soy Protein. YUM!!! It is the best drink ever. It also has green tea in it. However, I don't really see it as a "tea" it's more like a milkish (dairy-free) shake drink. It's worth a try!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #5  
banned

I got some for Christmas and it's so good. I love mint.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #6  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Depends on if I'm having it as a latte or plain:
Tazo if it's plain,
The one in the gold and purple container (liquid) if it's going to be a latte

You can also make a decent semblence of it at home with milk, honey, earl grey teabags, ginger, allspice, star anise and cinnamon sticks: put it all over low heat and let it steep.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I love it too, but it can also be a big calorie sucker with the honey and the milk and that is why I love it
Closed Thread