General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG!! I was switching stations and happened on that and HAD to see it! Even made a note so I don't miss it next week! That woman is off her rocker!! I think the one family are just hippies and enjoying life-no witchcraft, evil, satan, etc.....the so-called-christian woman is just a closed minded, do it my way or hit the highway crazy lady. Trying to use God as an instrument and say she's a Christian when in fact she's not. She kept walking around the radio station saying she needed to go somewhere and pray...well if she needed to pray so bad we didn't understand why she just didn't get down on her knees and do so. I mean after all she had just said while at home she will pray anywhere and anytime of the day. I feel for the younger DD-Brooke. Seemed like everyone was making her life **** and she was just going along with it so not to make her mom or sis mad. And the friends that made the lady feel like an a$$...that was so wrong. DD and I got into our usual discussion about people being different and others not being able to accept that and those women just showed what a$$es they were-so wrong. I have to admit too, like FatChristy-the hypnosis part on the DD was funny. She was talking and the girl clearly fell asleep! Too funny! Anyway...a good laugh even though it is terrible to laugh at people...I think sometimes it's hard not too.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #17  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Friends? I'm surprised she has any. Seriously, her friends treated the other mom like crap. Totally gave her a hard time. It's sounds like they have the same beliefs as Marguerite. I am sure they are all happy little peas in a pod. It's so sad to see people so closed minded that they can't take the time to see how other people believe. It's sad to belittle people just because they don't believe or see things the way that you do.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #18  
The Resolute

That lady was SCARY! I feel sorry for her husband and her kids (and granddaughter)! It was very disturbing to see! YIKES!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #19  

Quote:
the religious mom seems like a control freak who hides behind the bible to control others. totally freaky
And the really sad thing about that is she's turning (turned?) her oldest daughter into a carbon copy of herself.

Quote:
poor gay psychic
Really? You know him personally?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #20  
Puggy Balboa

So glad I'm not alone with my thoughts on this show!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #21  

So it seems the crazy lady is not just a closed-minded drama queen, but a hypocrite to boot. That horrible dark-sided money didn't seem so tainted when it was for her WLS! I hope the older daughter and the grandchild leapt at the chance to get out of that environment. An appalling display from an appallingly disturbed woman.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #22  
One day at a time

DITTO Carla! She is just crazy, that's all there is to it. And I love how she had to make a scene. When it went to commercial my DD said "I hope they tell what happened." And they did of course. I knew she wouldn't pass on the money...just had to make an *** of herself first. I so feel for her hubby and kids. And like you, I hope the DD took the money and got away from her.

I wonder if they have to spend the money the way it is intended. Just thought it so unfair that she left $3000.00 to the two boys of the other family and only $1800 to the DD and for the mother to decide what she needed. What was up with that?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

She was a train wreck. Each time I saw her physically, it made me cringe. She was absolutely repulsive on a physical plane let alone a spiritual one. As she claimed to be a Christian warrior, all I kept thinking was I am glad I am not Christian!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #24  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgie
As she claimed to be a Christian warrior, all I kept thinking was I am glad I am not Christian!
That's exactly why we Christians hate it when these extremists are put into the limelight ...but, it got ratings and that was their intention. I hope you realize real Christ followers do not behave in this manner... In fact, I also belong to a Christian message board and the folks over there are even more outraged than you guys...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #25  

I did not have time to read all of the posts on this board. But I did have to comment on the show!

That women is NOT Christian. From what I was taught Christian means Christ Like. She is NOT even close to being Christ Like. I feel so sorry for her family! The little girl was scared out of her mind when she came home!! It should have been a happy moment! But that crazy women made it a freaky one for that poor little girl! The women and her friends need a reality check! They need to really read there bibles they carry around! They will find that they are not as "Godly" as they think. And if she (and her friends too!) would watch the show and see how she behaved she would be sickened by it! Her language and behavoir is far from anything of God.

This is just my opinion. I am sure everyone has there own thaughts on the show.

Last edited by TMunday; 11-10-2005 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #26  

Quote:
I wonder if they have to spend the money the way it is intended. Just thought it so unfair that she left $3000.00 to the two boys of the other family and only $1800 to the DD and for the mother to decide what she needed. What was up with that?
Tee-hee-hee----actually, she left the dd $2,200. Didn't you catch the 1st part of her bequest--she left the dd $400 to buy a new dryer that didn't make noises. I thought that was too funny!

I know this is silly of me, but I cried when they displayed how Jeanne alloted the money to the other family. They treated her like sh*t the whole time she was there, but she still wanted for them what was in their best interests.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Actually, I did see it...maybe I heard wrong but what I heard was the $400 was left for the family to get a new dryer not the dd. And the mother was to decide for the dd what she (the dd) needed for the $1800. Still even if she said the $400 was for a dryer for the DD leaving her what she left was wrong with the boys got $3000. I'm surprised she alloted the money to the family the way she did considering they were evil!

And Christy, I totally agree with you. There's always a few so-called Christians like her that make a bad name for all Christians. That lady really needs to seek help!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #28  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I can't believe that woman's behaviour and language - so much for being Christian and respecting others She seemed very closed minded and it is really unfortunate. Not all Christians behave like that - at least the ones I know.

You also have to keep in mind that the show specifically puts together extreme opposites in order to create these type of scenarios.

I remember that they had a hippie artist switch with a beauty pagent mom, and an extreme vegetarian control freak switch with a crocodile farming mom with a laissez fair attitude - boy the sparks flew on those two episodes
Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #29  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I have to say I felt sorry for Margerite's family. That poor little grand daughter just standing there. They were all in shock. That woman is very unstable. Ranting and raving seemed to be the only thing she knew how to do besides cry. It definitely made for some good ratings I am sure. I am glad that they showed what the other mom did with the money.

In the end, she took the "tainted" money. I agree with everyone too about hoping the daughter took the money and got out fast. I hope she sees that show and can reflect on how she acted. Maybe something might click for her. I did say maybe.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #30  

Okay I am confused the people who were not Christians acted with kindess and compassion but this poor misguided Christian lady made a fool out of herself it was so sad. She wasn't helping the case of Christianity that is for sure. I read at the end of the show she decided to take the money so she could have gastric bypass surgery, and her oldest daughter could move out. so I see she took the tainted money after all.
poor thing she really made a fool of herself !
Closed Thread