General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #16  

Hi Kate! I have 3 dogs also, a 5 year old dappled dachsund named Slinky, a 5 year old Golden retriever named Cinnamon who we got from rescue, and the latest addition to our mad house, an 8 week old lab named Magellan, oh and an evil Kitty named Peanut who is the boss of the house, lol. It's a lot of work to make sure everyone gets walked and fed and loved on and played with, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We have only had Magellan since Monday, but no accident in the house, yea!!
Hugs,
Donna in Indiana
Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #17  

nope but my neighbor does and they bark and bark and bark, our neighborhood has really gone to the dogs. If you want a dog friendly place to live my neighborhood is it.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I did notice that when I went from two dogs to three dogs, that the "pack" dynamic changed. Going from three to four didn't have any effect.

Bummer about the barking dogs. I really hate irresponsible dog owners. Hope there's a noise ordinance in your town--I'd get animal control to enforce it if I were you.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #19  
singletrack chick

good for tracker, sad for you.

i want more dogs so bad. i finally convinced my husband to get a dog 7 months ago and its the best thing we've ever done i think. we love her to death. but we are in a duplex now, and i am in grad school so giving more than one dog the attention it needs would be difficult. money would be an issue and space is definitely one. i've already been promised that when i graduate and we have our own house we canget a new dog. i can't wait. i love them.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #20  

thanks for the idea Shelia but I would hate to see someone animal taken away, I actually feel sorry for the poor things they have to stay confined to the yard all the time. maybe a little walk would do them good
Old 11-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Animal control wouldn't take a dog away for a barking issue. The officers would talk to your neighbors, give suggestions on how to change things, and possibly issue a citation. Sometimes paying a ticket is an incentive to change something. Could it possibly induce your neighbors to get rid of the dogs? Sure--but that could be a good thing because they could end up in a much better home. Usually, though, a brush with animal control helps a pet owner to realize that they need to do better by their pets.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #22  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes the owner is unaware of the problem because the dog only barks when he is home alone...Sneaky Dobie. He stays inside the house when we're not home now. I am actually glad they told me. I wish they might have come to me personally first - but that was their perogative. I'd be annoyed if I had to listen to him all day myself.
BTW - he does get walked daily...I think it helps - but apparently it isn't the whole answer.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #23  

I only have one dog a boxer! I would probably have 3 or 10 if my husband let me.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #24  

hey i dont haaave 3 dogs just a few more (12) so i really not that hard i do live in the country and they all live in the house. we dont usually walk our dogs just let them out. and if we do we usuallu dont put leasshs on them they pretty good.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

Got 2 but thinking of added a 3rd next year! lol
Closed Thread