General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Dude - I'm getting a DYSON!

Well actually I already GOT one, but wanted to use that tag line.

My old vacumn cleaner, a Eureka I bought off QVC as a Special Value back in 1998, literally sucks. Actually, it doesn't suck very well...

I've seen all those commercials for the Dyson...gone to their website and secretly lusted after one from afar...

Finally a couple weeks ago, Overstock.com made me an offer I couldn't refuse - the Dyson 07 model (the basic one) for $270 + $1 shipping. So I went for it...

Just had a chance to unbox it yesterday, assemble it, and use it.

one word:

AWESOME!

Even Jim had to give it a try.

Most of our apartment is BARE WOODEN FLOORS - which are a ***** to keep clean (especially when you have two cats running around shedding everywhere...) My old Eureka (which will be winging its way to Goodwill quite soon - it's not BROKEN, just vastly inferior) was a pain to use on bare floors - you had to use the wand attachment and pull the darn thing around and it wouldn't even get all of the crap. Not the Dyson - you just set it to "Bare Floors" without having to use the wand at all! WOO HOO!!!

I'm happy happy happy. You should have seen all the crap that it picked up...and it's easy to empty (I've had vacumns in the past which didn't use bags and they were just icky to clean, not this one...)

No, Dyson isn't paying me for this endorsement...I just wanted to say that it KICKS *** so far...

Next purchase: One of those Roombas to clean under the bed and the dresser - anyone have experience with those?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

LOL.. I must be living in the ancient ages because I don't think I have ever heard of a Dyson. Hmm.. Sadly to say, I don't even have a clue what type of vacuum that we own. Hubby usually does all of the vacuuming so I don't have to touch it. Congrats Mrs Jim on getting a Dyson. I am definitely going to keep that in mind when we are in need of a new one.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

DYSONS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Good choice, Mrs.Jim. You will find yourself searching for excuses to use it!

I LOVE mine!
Old 10-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBassets
DYSONS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Good choice, Mrs.Jim. You will find yourself searching for excuses to use it!

I LOVE mine!
I'm hoping that JIM finds excuses to use it too He's not exactly a vacumning fiend - as long as his studio area is clean he could care less about most of the rest of the house!

AnnieFannie's HUSBAND does it...? Okay I'm jealous...

Oh and here's the website for Dyson. (I can't believe you haven't seen the commercials where the Dyson guy talks about it never losing suction...!)
Old 10-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #5  

Default I love my dyson too!

I have 4 kids, a golden retriever, 2 cats and a bunnie. You can't even imagine all of the stuff that is on my floors! As for the Roomba that you want....hold out for the one that is coming out around christmas that can vaccum and clean with solution and dry for you then go back and recharge!!

Alison
Old 10-23-2005, 04:18 PM   #6  

Dyson's were created in England and WE don't get the cool ads!!!!! Unfair!!!!! They are brilliant, I have owned two, one when I lived in Australia, which I bought partly on reputation, but I am afraid the deciding factor was that it was purple, and now have a yellow upright. It's second hand, but still great, but soon will buy a brand new shiny one, that is better equipped to deal with mountains of black cat fur!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #7  
Cynical RedHead

We have the purple dyson. Yes, it completely rocks! I hate vacuuming, but DH loves using the dyson because he can see all the dirt/dust that gets picked up. At least one of us is getting it done!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Which millenium am I living in? Still using a broom...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

That is a GREAT price on the Tyson, uh, Dyson.....I've seen them at BB& B for the $400. range.....too expensive even with the 20% off coupon.

Not fair, you have a sister who cooks and a clean house!

I have a Roomba.....don't waste your $$ unless you have the time to clean the teeny-tiny brushes with a toothpick and reinsert the delecate wire braces....USELESS with longhair from the MC cats...But it makes cool noises like R2-D2
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

I love my Dyson, it's part of the family, great for dog hairs!
Closed Thread