General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #1  

Default Can Anyone SEE Me????

I am starting to wonder if anyone can even see my posts!!!! I have sent in messages on the boards and even started my own threads only to watch it move through the list and disappear. I am starting to wondering if my posts are even being seen!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:37 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tracy! I can see this one!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #3  

Hi Kate! Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to wonder because I have posted several times without any responces. I am glad someone see's me though! LOl.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hi

Hi Tracy. I can see this post.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #5  

Thanks! I am so glad my messages are being seen. I thought something was wrong.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:53 PM   #6  
it's always something

Tracy, there was a long period of time, and I do mean looooong, during which every time I posted in a thread, no one else would post after me. I took it personally, lol, and started to get paranoid! In fact, when a thread seemed a bit problematic, I would joke that I could just post in it and that would surely kill it
Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #7  

Tracy~ I'll join you with that topic!

Suzanne, You do have the sense of humor to tag along with feeling out of place! lol How long did it take you to actually warm up to ppl here??

I know there is a couple rooms here that notice me when I post but there is other rooms that are totally different. Which makes it very hard to find a place to fit in!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

It's not that you go unnoticed. Sometimes, the boards are just slower on certain days. Sometimes, people don't know how to respond to what you wrote. And sometimes, there are certain boards that just aren't as active as others. I see TONS of replies when posting in the "Support" forum, but way fewer (if any) when I post in some other places. You're certainly not being ignored, though--just accidentally overlooked, ya know?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
Tracy, there was a long period of time, and I do mean looooong, during which every time I posted in a thread, no one else would post after me. I took it personally, lol, and started to get paranoid! In fact, when a thread seemed a bit problematic, I would joke that I could just post in it and that would surely kill it
Hi Suzanne! Thanks for letting me know this. I was starting to take it personally as well lol. I wasn't sure what to think lol.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #10  

Misty, I completely agree and understand totally! I feel that way sometimes too. I try to ignore it, but when your looking for support sometimes it is very hard to ignore.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #11  

Jill, I understand what your saying too. I try to go into the areas that has a big number of movements so to speak lol. I guess I just have to watch and see when people are actually on the boards.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #12  

Sometimes it takes a while to ease your way into a group. Sometimes there are groups you just don't fit in with, while with others you achieve instant popularity! Sometimes we just come on too strong and scare everyone away. I think it's like any social situation: we can't always be part of the in-crowd. I know I posted for a while on a thread where everyone was very kind and welcoming, but where no one noticed if I disappeared for a week... For a while I was convinced nobody liked me (sniff, sniff) , but I finally realized that several things were at play: the other posters knew each others' backgrounds etc very well, and they had bonded over time. We also had different interests in some areas, as they were very faith/prayer oriented and I'm not. They weren't being unkind or cold, we just didn't really click.

So I posted here and there, and found "my" people thru trial and error. The same will happen with you. (I'm pretty sure I've responded to previous posts of yours myself.) As for new threads, sometimes they just don't pique interest. And at least one thread I used to post on dwindled and died when the old guard dropped out bit by bit, some newcomers unintentionally hurt some feelings by taking control of the thread management already being very well handled by the thread originator, and so on and so forth.

So don't despair. You're not invisible at all. And of course with this thread you've managed to strike a chord with a lot of us... :
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

Tracey, I've always read your posts (you are witty!)....but usually don't respond as you seem to be part of a different group that I have little in common with....

As Carla said, we find our our own people....but there are many tribes to visit!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #14  

Carla.... so true on everything you said. It does take time. As my mom always says... rome wasn't built in a day. It all makes since.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
Tracey, I've always read your posts (you are witty!)....but usually don't respond as you seem to be part of a different group that I have little in common with....

As Carla said, we find our our own people....but there are many tribes to visit!
Witty lol. You must be reading some of my good days posts lol. I understand totally what your saying though! What weight loss plan do you do by chance? I just started WW today.
Closed Thread