General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #1  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default When will my eyes be convinced of my success??

OK, I *know* that I have lost weight. The scale is 67 pounds lower, all my clothes are much smaller, I feel totally better and healthier. All the rational parts of me know that I have lost weight. Most of the time I feel awesome about it.

But here's my deal - since losing weight, I have realized that for most of my adult life, when I looked in the mirror, I had little blind spots over the fat parts of me. I trained myself to just look at the front part of my face, filtering out the double chin. Seriously, when I would see pictures of myself, I would always feel a little surprised, seeing all the extra flab.

So now I don't feel like I can trust my eyes! I know I look better, and my clothes are flattering to my new shape, I *think*. Have others of you experienced this? Was there a point when it just happened, and you truly believed that you look how you look? Or did you have to work on it, psychologically and emotionally?

Thanks for any input you can offer!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps
Or did you have to work on it, psychologically and emotionally?
Still workin' on it. Big time. Psychologically. Emotionally. VERBALLY (LOL...I try to talk myself into believing it.) I read a similar thread recently (I think it was over on the Maintainers' Forum) and I believe someone -- or many *someones* -- said it takes awhile for your brain to catch up with your body. I'm not there yet. I'm maybe 15% there. On a good day . Occasionally, I'll catch a glimpse of myself when I'm walking past a mirror or a window and think, "Hey! Nice calves!" or "Wow! Collarbone!" But it's a fleeting feeling at best, because if I actually stand in front of a mirror and look at myself...I don't fully see it.

LOL...sometimes I go look at my own progress pics to see it. But even then when faced with actual photographic evidence, I have a hard time seeing the difference between the Before Me and the During Me.

I hope -- like the Maintainers say -- it DOES happen. And I'm sure it will, just not yet.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-02-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Closed Thread