General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 12:04 AM   #1  
Seriously Curvey Mami

Question A NEW dat...A NEW life!!!

Hi everyone!!! I am fairly new to this whole..."forum" thing, but I think it is awesome!!! I know we all have problems, so this week I finally decided to do something about mine! I got off my BIG butt and started my LIFESTYLE change all over again!
I just wanted to know...if your kind enough to share, what made you decide to lose weight...or lose the weight again in my case.

For me...the first time... I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs with out gasping for air... this time, i looked at my lower belly and held it in my hands. I was sooooooooooooo disgusted. I lost 5lbs already. Doing my "secret" diet.

It works for me ladies/gents... but im sure not for everyone. Share with me ur reasons... Thanks...4 the ear!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #2  
Cynical RedHead

Hola, Mami. I am also new to the forum, and a little nervous about sharing myself with others.

Two things have conspired to get me off my bottom and really lose the weight this time.
One - we are going on a cruise in January and I want to look cute in my swimsuit.
Two - i am sick and tired of crying every morning trying to figure out what to wear to work because nothing fits right.

I gained 10 pounds after I graduated and started working full time, and then another 5 over the last 5 months. I was already a little overweight to begin with.

Good luck with your lifestyle changes - because that is what we really need to do, not just diet!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #3  

kudos to you it is never to late to become who you want to be.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hi all. I can say that I can't ever remember a time that I was thin. I've always known that I needed to lose some weight. I used to be 181 and I thought I was huge. Now I see myself now and wish I was that again. Over the months I have gone from 240 to 213. I still have a ways to go but what hits home for me is my body. I have a waist and curves. I feel so uncomfortable in my own body. I just want to live a healthier life style as well. I need to eat better and exercise more. I don't want to feel ashamed of myself. Knowing that I am so close to getting under 200 and that I could reach that goal before Christmas has made me stirve to finally make a change and stick to it no matter how hard it is. It'll get better and soon I won't miss the old foods. We're in this battle together.

Annie
Closed Thread