General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Massachusetts Dog Lovers! 115 "Katrina Dogs" need homes/fostering!

Hi everyone,

I just received the following info from the director of the Pioneer Valley Humane Society shelter in Greenfield, Mass. 115 "already homeless" dogs from shelters in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama are being brought up to Massachusetts in the next week or so. These dogs are being "evacuated" from their shelters in order to make room for the massive influx of dogs newly displaced by Katrina. If you live in Massachusetts and are willing to take in one of these dogs for fostering or permanent adoption, please send me a personal message.

Here is the message from the PVHS:

"The State of Massachusetts is going to allow animals to come into the state from the South. They are working out the details with 3 organizations that will be handling the transports. These people are waiting for the organization in the South to give them the ok to come pick up animals. The 2 trucks they are going to use will be able to hold 40 dogs and then 75 dogs. So that is alot of dogs at one time. If you are interested in foster caring some of the animals and know of other foster care slots let me know. I will wait for the word from Mass. Animal Coalition that the trucks are rolling and they will send out details about picking up critters. After their initial 48 hold that the state will facilitate, these dogs are all going to be available for adoption or temp foster care until they are adopted. These are not owned animals needing help."

Thanks,
Kate
Closed Thread