General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default OMG! ~ All Choked Up ~ Oprah Show

I am so choked up. Oprah is covering Katrina today and tomorrow on her show. I have been in tears for the whole hour. This is so sad. I am exercising at the same time trying to get through the hour. This is rough. I hope many area seeing this. I wish I could do so much! Prayer is the best I can do.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Unfortunately we don't even know the extent of the tragedy in New Orleans and are watching in shock and horror as the events continue to unfold.

Many of us up here in Canada are sending help, donations and our prayers to those people in New Orleans and the rest of Louisiana, Mississipi and Alabama.

Bless those who are helping the refugees get through this and the emergency workers, military personnel and police officers that are down there working as well as those who helped their neighbours and even total strangers during the hurricane.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #3  

It is going to be a very long and painful road for all of the families from that area. It is so sad. The worst part is some of the people who have past on through this may never even be found. With all of that water, and what the dr.s said on Oprah today, we may not be able to find and identify everyone missing. It is going to be a very long hard road. I feel for all of those people!
Old 09-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I watched the show when I got home from work last night. Sad and terrible stories but also good stories about people helping each other.

The other half is airing tonight and I will be watching it too.

I really hope that the survivors will be able to overcome this and get back on their feet again. I also hope they can rebuild the City of New Orleans and that people move back. When I visited years ago I fell in love with it instantly and have fond memories of my trip there.

Glad they managed to save all but a few of the animals at the zoo.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #5  

Today's show was also good. Both shows choked me up! But I had to watch all of them. I think they will pull through in the long run. So many are coming together and helping out!! It is awesome how much help there is! It was nice to see some of the families smiling on today's show!! I hope they can continue to do that more often, very soon. It is a sad story. Something none of us will be able to forget anytime soon!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:46 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Oprah's show inspired me I could not wake up one more day without doing something more than making an internet donation to the Gulf victims. So I started collecting money from friends and clients and collected over 400 and found a group carvaning with the United Way...we went shopping at Target and the 99 cent store and we are delivering over 100 tootbrushes and toothpaste kits, 100 bars of soap 25 bags of dog food, and assorted other personal items, like female danties, deodorant, baby shampoo, baby wipes, teething gel and we found these really great hairbrush kits, they have a brush, comb, two clips and a mirror in them in a carrying case....we bought 50 of them. It did feel better to actually put some effort into doing something. We are also going to spend the rest of the money on buying coloring books and other fun stuff for kids and am going to bring them to a local church group called the dream center so the kids will have stuff to do while the parents are trying to get some federal aid....

I do feel better and I hope that it helps.....I am just so grateful for the little things today......
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  

Amen! That is so awesome! And it was a wonderful idea! I am sure what you did has blessed more then you will ever imagine!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default So much...

I live in Memphis,TN and we have a lot of storm refugees here. I watched the Oprah special also. I cried and felt totally helpless. I am praying for these familes and especially for all of the children. There are so many that will be going to school here. The communities here are amazing. Everyone has opened their doors and arms. I am so humbled. Let's all keep praying.
carafre
Old 09-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #9  

Amen! I feel helpless to. However, prayer works better then anything sometimes! Look at all of the donations today for this cause!! Prayers are being answered.
Closed Thread