General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #1  

Default jeans material questions

I have not worn jeans in a long time. Now, I am going back to them due to their stability. In truth, I wore a lot of corduroys and khakis. Anyway, I find myself a little unsure of what to go after. I am a big guy and already decided on going after dark colored jeans, but which blend is more beneficial? I live in a hot city and know the basic cotton, cotton/polyester qualities. Yet, will cotton fade quick and wear out much faster than the cotton/poly blend? Is cotton really more comfortable (and noticably comfortable) than c/p blends? Lastly, how much do each of these shrink?

Anyway, any answers to these specific questions would be really helpful. I guess I am also asking which one is great in benefits than the other. Do u guys go straight cotton or cotton/poly?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:24 AM   #2  

Well I'm female, but I like cotton, rather than blends. I also live in a hot area of the country and find I stay much more comfortable in cotton!!
If I want dressy type jeans I then go for cotton/poly blend!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I didn't reply yesterday because, hey-I'm a gal. I don't know what's fashionable acceptable for guys and jeans.

Face it, jeans are hot and sweaty when the weather is hot and humid no matter what they are made from. Some women tend to go for the ones that have a little spandex in them so it has just a tad bit of give on those days when we are having some bloating (TMI?). All cotton is good too. You just need to go to the store and try a bunch on and see what feels and looks good to you. Take an unbiased/honest person with you because the sales people will tell you it looks great on you when you look like a stuffed cabbage in reality.

I don't think they shrink much anymore. I think they are mostly pre-shunk before you buy them. After you've worn them a few times between washings, they do stetch some. Then when they are washed and dried they will shrink back to the original size.

Good luck
Sarah

Last edited by sarahyu; 09-01-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

My DH buys the Levi's 505 jeans...I think they're the ones that are a little more relaxed in the thighs so they're more comfortable when he's sitting..
Old 09-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #5  

levis the only way to go
Closed Thread