General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #61  

I, too, like people names for dogs (after all, they are furry little people, aren't they? And they THINK they are people, too!)

However, my pug is Sassafras but it's evolved into Sassy. My son named her.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #62  
Determined

You guys have some of the most adorable pets!! I especially love Kiley and the name Godzilla for a chihuahua. I don't have a dog (will as soon as I have a backyard) but I do have two adorable kitties. They are Max and Bailey. They keep me up all night pouncing on my toes, and of course, they are both now asleep on my bed.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #63  
Cynical RedHead

I have two English Springer Spaniels - Sam (the 5 year old B&W) and Olivia (the 8 month old L&W). I also have a grey tabbycat named Decker.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #64  
It is what it is...

I used to have a shitzu ( sp? ) named Sid Vicious ... now I have a westie named Les ( after Les Claypool ), well his full name on his papers is "Lester Mactavish the Dude" ... ha ha
Old 09-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #65  
prepare for the BEST time

I have a 10 year old Akita (I got him from Akita rescue at the age of 3.5), he came with the name of Sho-gun....there are a string of Japanese restaurants in my area with the same name....

I have 2 Maine Coone cats....Slim (very large silver Tabby) and Wylie-Coyote (high white black smoke color he looks like he's wearing the lone ranger mask)
Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #66  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

I have 3 Pomeranians, Pete, Cinnamon, & spice

3 cats: kitty, Jenny Jenni, and Hunter
Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #67  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Oh and a Chihuahua named rosie
Old 09-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #68  

I have a Bichon Frise named Sammy. He likes to snoop and gets in peoples suit cases that come to visit us. He gets right in the middle if they are open and drags everthing out, and comes carrying underwear, Bra's, soap, and whatever for everyone to see.
Shirley
Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #69  
Mel

I miss my dog (sob) reading this thread! Cleo (Cleopatra the Black Queen) died just about a year ago. She was a person who masqueraded as a black standard poodle.

Previous dog was a gun shy basset hound named "Ringo" who I rescued from one of my brother's neighbors who bought him to train as a hunting dog. That dog wouldn't hunt At the sound of a gun, Ringo would quiver, pee, and lie down and start shaking. His original owner threatened to shoot him if no one would take him.

We've had endless cats: Astro (the flying cat), Lucy, Libby, Stubs (she had a broken tail), Willie, Boris, Kasha, Tribble, and currently Harley (named because she purrs soooo loud she needs a muffler).

I need a puppy. Yeesh, what am I saying? I need my head examined!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:32 PM   #70  
Determined

Cmon Mel, you know you want one.

PS I tried to put a really cute link of a lab puppy but it wouldn't work.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #71  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Love this thread!

I've got 7 cats and a dog -- the dog is an Italian Greyhound named Louie (Louis Marie when he's in big trouble!) and the cats are boys Simone (Italian for Simon - Italian was his first language ) and Boo; and girls Bughead, Piccina (Italian for small one,) Tiny (not tiny,) Bashful (not bashful,) and Gracie.

Man I love them!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #72  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

I have just one dog, Her name is Hershey. Kind of reminds you of a hairy Hershey bar..lol. She's a mutt.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #73  
*squish*squish*

S/C/G: 276/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE animals so much! I have 8 kitties and 3 dogs. My dogs are Peachy (chihuahua), Millie(beagle mix), & Sherman(american eskimo). My kitties are Chester(siamese), Tony, Montel, Murphy, Oreo, Devil, Skinny, & Pip.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #74  
Melissa

We had a black dog once that we named Shuli (rhymes with Julie), short for the black shulamite woman that is talked about in Song of Solomon (bible). She was black and comely it says. It's unusal, but I think it's kinda cute and one of a kind. She was a pretty dog and if you're getting a black lab, they are beautiful as well.

I have a Golden Retriever that we have named Farrah (you know...the beautiful blonde).

Hope this helps!

Melissa

Old 09-29-2005, 09:08 AM   #75  
WW Moderator

What a great thread! I could talk about my babies all day! We have two chihuahuas. Truffle is our girl. She looks like the Taco Bell chi but more Rubenesque! We bought her as a teenie puppy and my son named her for something pretty and brown. (ish, LOL) We also have Ripley. He is our rescue dog (the only way we'll get dogs from now on, check out Petfinder.com - GREAT site!) and looks like he's part Boston Terrier, but smaller. She hated his guts, but now they're best buddies.
Closed Thread