General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Default Guess What Happens this Weekend?

Yepper, the new Harry Potter book comes out. I am all a-flutter about this! I'm going to a party Friday night but will leave it in time to get to Borders to get my copy so I can read ALL WEEKEND LONG!!!!!

I can't wait to see how evil Draco Malfoy is going to be , or what Snapes is up to , or if Percy ever realized that he has been acting like a jerk . And what about Voldemort, Dumbledore and Harry?!?!?!?!Ohboyoboyoboyoboy!!!!! Come on Friday night - midnight!

Tiki
Old 07-13-2005, 12:50 AM   #2  

I'm with ya! I'm not going to the midnight party but I'll be up bright and early on Saturday. I heard that Meijer is selling the books for somewhere around $15 (a great buy if you have a Meijer near you). I'm not sure if that's just for the midnight parties though.
I really really hope Dumbledore doesn't die but it's not up to me. Harry has to make it on his own sometime I suppose. I sure do hope Percy does figure out he's being a jerk because I just want to grab him and shake him sometimes (look at me talking like he's a real person *smile*) I guess I'll find out in a couple of days!

Amber
Old 07-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #3  

Oh man!!! I never even thought about it being Dumbledore that might die. I would boo-hoo cry if he did. I was thinking that the Weasleys would lose dear old dad and that would be what it takes to wake Percy up. Its so many ways this could go.

Tiki
Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I preordered mine from Amazon! I'm with Tiki, I was thinking Mr. Weasly might die (or Mrs. Weasly) or something. I hope Harry is not as annoying and angsty-teen-like as he was in book 5 though, that really got on my nerves. I just finished rereading the first five (in one week!), and I am SO ready for number 6!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #5  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been re-reading the books for the last two weekends. I'm almost done with book 5...just in time. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MIDNIGHT TOMORROW!!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:57 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

i'm completely psyched!!!!!! the grocery store 2 mins from my house will have them on sale at midnight, so i'll just show up then.

I was actually really impressed with the fact that Harry was crabby and had a temper in the last book... it made him seem like a real teenager instead of some perfect boy - a really nice touch.

i'm just waiting for ron and hermoine to hook up
Old 07-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #7  
slow and steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannyMc
i'm completely psyched!!!!!! the grocery store 2 mins from my house will have them on sale at midnight, so i'll just show up then.

I was actually really impressed with the fact that Harry was crabby and had a temper in the last book... it made him seem like a real teenager instead of some perfect boy - a really nice touch.

i'm just waiting for ron and hermoine to hook up
Haha, true, it made him imperfect, but it made him darn annoying! Since growing out of my own angsty teenagehood, I find that I really can't stand angsty teenagers anymore. Did you notice though that it was only Harry who was annoying and had a temper? Ron and Hermione were just the same as before. Hmmm . . .

As for hooking up, there is definitely chemistry there (reminds me a little of Cordelia and Xander on Buffy), but I don't know if JKR is going to write any romance. There are plenty of fanfics though, I'm sure!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

Have you guys seen the trailer for Goblet of Fire?

Goblet of Fire Trailer

I can HARDLY WAIT!!
Old 07-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #9  

Okay so I finished the book in ONE DAY!!!! And I am in complete shock! Its gonna be a long two years waiting for the 7th book. I won't say a word about what happens but yes its a PAGE TURNER!!! I bought it a 3AM late Friday early Saturday and was done before midnight Saturday night. I've come to the conclusion that book 5 was a set up for the events that take place in book 6. Whew! What a ride!!!

And yes, I will be at the movie theater bright and early on the day that The Goblet of Fire hits the theater!!!

Tiki.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:10 PM   #10  

I finished my copy too. Took me a little over a day...we bought it yesterday afternoon and I finished about 8 tonight. There was so much I didn't see coming and it sets up book 7 very well. If I could just figure out who RAB is...unless we haven't met that person yet....hmmmmmmm....

Amber
Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #11  

I'm taking my time reading the book. Well, I also have kids and have to do things like make dinner, etc, etc... But it's just as well because I love reading Harry Potter books, so this way I can make the journey last. I'm on, I think, chapter 7, the one entitled the Half Blood Prince. Where RH&H are now in Potions class. Can't wait to read more!!

BUT, I blew it for myself and skimmed the last pages to be sure RH&H are still alive and, well, I read who died. I wasn't really surprised, to be honest, with what I've been reading so far. But I'm still sad, just the same.

Okay...off to go clean the house and read some more!!

Kris
Old 07-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #12  

I think we have met RAB in the order of the phoenix. We didn't actually meet him but we heard about him from others. He is a relation of someone we met.

Kris, I also have kids, etc. So.....that's why I sent them off to spend the weekend away so I could READ READ READ! I did NO housework on Saturday, no gym, no nothing but read, nap, read, nap. IT was great! On Sunday, I found an online forum to discuss the book with other people that have also finished it. I needed a break like that after the crazy past few weeks I have had.

Take your time and enjoy the book. Even though you know the ending, it is still an excellent ride.

Tiki.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #13  

I'm such a geek...I used to belong to a forum called Virtual Hogwarts, where you have to sign up for classes and do homework, etc. You get sorted into a house (I was a Hufflepuff) and get graded on your work and pass final exams, etc. It was really fun!! BUT, it was time consuming and I decided I'd better spend my time with my DS before he's off to kindergarden, so I dropped out. They asked me to play Madame Puddifoot and manage the sweet shop on the forum. I'm like...holy toledo, I don't have time for this!! So that's when I said no and dropped out. It was fun, though. I especially like the Astronomy class.. I actually learned things I didn't know!!

Okay...have to really move now...Kris
Old 07-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #14  
slow and steady

I finished it yesterday, after spending the whole day reading. I also wasn't really surprised by who died -- I was more surprised by the circumstances of the death (trying hard not to give anything away here). Anyway, the book was good, but it left me feeling unsatisfied, you know?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #15  

My initial fav HP book was the Goblet of Fire. Now its tied in 1st place with this one. I don't feel unsatisfied, I just feel like its gonna be a LONG wait to get the answers to a bunch of the questions that are left hanging here.

Tiki.
Closed Thread