General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 21st/21st/12st

Height: 6ft 0 inch

thought i should join! ha ha

i finished my Bachelors of engineering this year at the University of leeds in chemical engineering and in 2 weeks time i start "probably the best job in the world". i know thiswill be lost on anyone outside the UK but i start work for Carlsberg (in the brewery) in 2 weeks time
Old 06-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #32  
No description available.

Professional baby catcher, provider of paps, pelvics, and birth control, and very loud advocate for women and babies.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:47 PM   #33  
Birth Junkie!

I am a certified Birth Doula. I do some childbirth education with my clients, but the most important thing i do is to help them while they are in labor by providing different comfort measures, etc. The best job EVER! (besides raising my own 4 kids, of course!)
Old 06-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #34  
Too thick

S/C/G: 301(42.0)/*ticker*/190(26.4)

Height: 5'11

Server/student
Old 06-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #35  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Activity Director in a nursing home for the past ten years.

That's only 12 hours a week now, though, since my daughter was born. She's two, and I now stay at home the rest of the week with her.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #36  

I sell GMC/Isuzu truck parts! Been doing it for 20 years last April. And, I still love going to work everyday!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Special Education Teacher; I teach high school students with mild disabilities. I went back to college to finish my degree 15 years ago, after college I worked for a mental health facility running a group home for mentally ill adults, I began teaching 8 years ago.....I guess I am a "late bloomer"...I started my career at 35yrs of age.
Lynne
Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #38  
Determined to Lose!!!

Personal Assistant to the CEO of a First Aid Company, but I would really like to say that I'm a writer with a 'day job'

I got my BA in English with a minor in Women & Gender Studies (College of NJ) in 2000 and last May I graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in Creative writing with an emphasis in Feminist Thought and Postmodern Theory (Penn State). While getting my Masters I taught undergrade writing, Lit, and Women's studies. I also wrote a book of experimental/feminist poetry that needs some serious help. Lately, I can't stop thinking about writing prose though (novel or memoir). However, I'm not writing much at the moment... so I can't claim that 'Writer' title!

BTW, so many diverse and interesting careers here!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #39  

i have a ba in english with a focus on british literature, sub-specialization irish lit, and a minor in native american studies. i'm currently in resource development (which means i beg the government for money) at a refugee resettlement agency. i worked in coffee shops all through college (and still volunteer during the weekend. i'm a junky!) so of course my highest aspiration is to own my own coffee shop/bookstore.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #40  
Addicted to potato salad!

DOULACHIK and MIDWIFE: I've given birth twice and didn't scream once!! I don't know if that's good or not, but I thought it was good to focus the bodily functions on the groin at that time. My question to you, though, is...althougth I'm very grateful for people coaching future moms on how to effectively give birth, the two times in my life I've ever been purely petrified is when I brought an infant home with no instructions!! OMG!! I was all proud with how professionally I gave birth and then got home and looked at my baby and thought, "AAAHHHHH!!! There's a BABY in the house...and I'M the MOMMY!! What do I do NOW?!?!?" So, I'm just wondering when they are going to start giving baby 101 instructions? After all, childbirth only lasts a few hours (if you're lucky!!), but baby raising lasts forever! What a cool job you guys have!! I'd love to be a midwife...

Kris
Old 06-20-2005, 07:03 PM   #41  

I have a BS in Applied Learning and Development, or teaching for short. I have been teaching bilingual third grade for six years.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Wow, we have some smart cookies on here.

I work for a telecom company doing reporting/metrics for our field offices.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am self employed as a professional costume maker and seamstress. I specialize in making replicas of famous costumes. (Some of my feats are various Star Wars costumes-including full stormtrooper armor system, The entire Addams family, Wizard of Oz characters, Cinderella, etc.) I also am a custom costume designer for Middle Eastern dancers.

My "second" occupation is being a Middle Eastern dancer and a member of a dance troupe, and a local vendor for Middle Eastern dance supplies and costumes.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #44  

I've been a records clerk for a police dept for almost 6 years (started right out of high school). I will be starting school in Sept. to become a massage therapist.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #45  

I have a two batchelors degrees - one in biology and one in nursing. I worked full-time nights for 5 years at a rehab center (physical rehab not substance abuse) but burned out. Am now working in the same rehab facility, but in the office completing assessments and working with the insurance companies on reimbursement - much more my speed. However, much less physically demanding so it's harder to keep the weight off. Oh well...
Closed Thread