General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi

I just found this thread too

I too am hoping for Scott to go.... I don't think he has the mass appeal needed to be an AI.

I'm torn between BO and CONSTANTINE. At first I thought Bo couldn't loose, cut now Constantine is really showing his talent and abilities in many other areas.... probably could market him into movies etc....

I'm thinking the final three will be Carrie, Bo or Constantine, and Anwar. I know that's four but I think there will only be one "rocker" in the end.

J.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #62  

I don't really believe Anwar will make the final three. His songs are beginning to all sound the same. He'll go like LaToya London did last year, then everyone will be "shocked."
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #63  
Addicted to potato salad!

Bo and Carrie....I thought the same thing!! Only I was thinking that Bo would make an awesome country singer and the two would make an awesome country duo. I know, Bo seems to err on the rocker side, but I agree with whoever said he had a Travis Tritt sound to him...although he also has that alternative grungie sound, as well. I was thinking that Bo/Carrie should sing Walking in a Winter Wonderland on a Christmas in the Country type CD. It was just some random image I had one night after watching the show...I'm weird...I'll stop now before I scare people...
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #64  

Yah, Anthony does have charisma. That'll keep him in the running. I thought he was cuter when he was wearing his glasses.

I'll close my eyes and listen to Bo next Tuesday to check out the Travis Tritt comparison. Maybe. Earlier TT stuff.

Techwife--I don't think you're weird AT ALL......Bo & Carrie, sittin in a tree! Really, though, they would do some awesome duos today--Faith & Tim, watch out!! (Or maybe I should say, Donnie & Marie watch out!!--She's a little bit country, he's a little bit rock 'n roll.)

Ok, now who's getting scary!?

Last edited by 4myloves; 04-07-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #65  
Ilene the Bean

Just a drive by post... I didn't watch AI last night, argh, and it seems like I missed a good one...

NIKKO, gone? I can't believe it!! Vonzelle in the bottom 3?? HELLOOO America !!

Scott STILL there??? He creeps me out!!

Lunch over, gotta go, danggit!!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

I never get to see the Wednesday show when they eliminate people but I check the website to see who's gone. I agree with most of you. Scott and Anthony just aren't that good to make it to the top. I think Nikko has (had?) a good voice and can make it in the business more so than Scott or Anthony and shouldn't have been kicked off so soon but I think the audience just wasn't that into him. With all the press on Scott, I really am surprised he gets the votes...what's up with that...he's not that good a singer and he's definitely lacking any star quality. I still think Nadia has a lot of talent but fear she will be kicked off soon. I like Bo but really didn't like the songs he chose lately. Constantine is a mystery to me...I don't know if I see what everyone else sees in him, though I do see a lot of versatility. He has been doing a better job than Bo lately, though, I have to admit but I'm kind of rooting for Bo to be in the top.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #67  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicgal
I never get to see the Wednesday show when they eliminate people but I check the website to see who's gone. I agree with most of you. Scott and Anthony just aren't that good to make it to the top. I think Nikko has (had?) a good voice and can make it in the business more so than Scott or Anthony and shouldn't have been kicked off so soon but I think the audience just wasn't that into him. With all the press on Scott, I really am surprised he gets the votes...what's up with that...he's not that good a singer and he's definitely lacking any star quality. I still think Nadia has a lot of talent but fear she will be kicked off soon. I like Bo but really didn't like the songs he chose lately. Constantine is a mystery to me...I don't know if I see what everyone else sees in him, though I do see a lot of versatility. He has been doing a better job than Bo lately, though, I have to admit but I'm kind of rooting for Bo to be in the top.
Agree with you 100%!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #68  
i marvel at the stars

S/C/G: 248/245/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Bo Bice

Bo lives 20 minutes away from me in Helena. Bo isn't gay. He has a girlfriend that goes to the University of Montevallo with my boyfriend. She was visiting Bo in LA 2 weeks ago during spring break. When they showed a view of his family and friends, she was there. He's a great Christian guy that loves his girlfriend very much. So, he's not gay...and I highly doubt he and Carrie have something going on. =)
Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 PM   #69  

Dang--I sure thought Bo and Carrie had something cooking. Maybe they've become friends since they've been in Hollywood. Both seem to be from the same types of backgrounds, so I guess they have things in common.

Anyway--The thought never crossed my mind that Bo was gay. I actually don't recall anyone from this thread ever insinuating that he is, someone just remarked that when he performed it appeared as though he was singing "too" the guitar player. Oh well

Last edited by 4myloves; 04-12-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #70  
it's always something

I thought they were all good tonight, though Carrie didn't seem comfortable with her performance.

I don't understand why they don't seem to like Nadia anymore. I didn't like her song choice, but I thought she sang it flawlessly. Why do they say she is pitchy?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:12 AM   #71  

Darn, Bo has a girlfriend?!?! Too bad, that may get in the way of my Mrs. Ivory Bice plan
Old 04-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'6"

I thought Carrie did very well, but she admitted she messed up. I tried to vote for her for an hour but the phone was busy, that must be a good sign
Old 04-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #73  
Addicted to potato salad!

My apologies regarding Bo...In no way did I ever think he was gay. I was just commenting on how he was singing Time in a Bottle and at one point he was singing to the guitar player some words that would definitely be normally sung to a sweetheart and it seemed awkward. Bo is about as macho as it gets!! I love... love... LOVE him and hope he wins!! Is that better??

As for Bo and Carrie...I didn't necessarily think they were a couple as much as I think they'd make a GREAT country duo...like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. They would be fantastic together!! I can tell that Bo is a great guy..he seems like as good looking as he is on the outside, he's ten times as good on the inside!! I just don't really care for long hair, but that's just me.

And...Constantine blew my socks off last night singing Bohemian Rhapsody!! I LOVE that song and once, again, he made me think unclean thoughts and had to look away. He is very cute and for Simon to say it was astonishing or astounding or whatever...I know I wasn't the only one to think so!!

Carrie....well...she's great, but I think she overdid it with the high notes that she didn't quite hit. She's still my contender for the girls.

Scott...I have to say, he did really well with that Hall and Oates song. I still don't like him, though.

Anthony...I really like this guy and I want him to do well...but I don't think he did really well last night. Pretty well, but not well enough up against Bo and Constantine.

Vondell did pretty well with her song and I missed the girl with the afro (I can never remember her name). I don't like how she's always putting that forced nasty look on. You know what I mean. Oh, and then there's Anwar...his voice is like butter, but he's starting to sound the same every week no matter what he sings.

Well, that's my take. Let's see who gets bumped tonight...my guess for the bottom three is the girl with the afro, Anwar and Anthony. I hope not Anthony...I like that he's from another country and moved here and is now on American Idol. Like, the American dream for him...but he's come a long way and so I'll still be proud of him even if he gets bumped off soon.

Last edited by techwife; 04-13-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #74  
i marvel at the stars

S/C/G: 248/245/165

Height: 5'7"

i really REALLY hope scott gets kicked off tonight. he has no personality whatsoever....he pouts too much...and can't take constructive criticism well. he irritates me so much!

i think bo and carrie did an amazing job...as usual. i think it'll come down between those two at the very end.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #75  

I didn't even realize she messed up. IMO they butcher those songs so much that I'd probably never notice a few extra missed words.

I thought Anthony did well last night, but I think that's just because I love the Paul Young song he sang. I've been singing it all day.

Vonzell did a good job, too--but I was just waiting for her to hit that HIGH note at the end!!

Bo and Constantine did well. Can't believe Simon made that remark to Bo that he needed to sing a song that was well-known. Freebird not well known? Sheesh, maybe not to yankees!! (That's was a JOKE ) Also can't believe Simon didn't make a remark along the lines of Constantine doing a "fine karoke imitation," which seems to be his standard remark anytime someone sings a Queen song.
Closed Thread