General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang! I'm an American Idol addict also. I set my vcr if I'm gonna miss it.

Suzanne, you are so right about this week's show. I could not believe who they voted off. She was one of the best I thought. I didn't vote either tho. LOL

Cathy
Old 04-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #17  

There are a couple of women I have no idea still who they are so I have been surprised by last two voted off as I knew them. John Stevens was rubbish but I want him to stick around.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 AM   #18  

I think the wrong person got voted off. JPL hasn't done stupendous, but I think he's has more to offer and hopefully will be around long enough to show it,. John Stevens was bad this week, but he definitely has a voice. One of the girls, I don't remember her name, Maybe Jasmine. low voice, hasn't done well in weeks. The rest are really pretty good. Tough one this time.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #19  
it's always something

my take:

Camile: Great voice, but she reminds me of a deer caught in the headlights. I think in a few years, she'd be perfect. Maybe she can enter again then, cause she's not going to make it this time around.

Fantasia: Very talented!! But, her attitude seems a bit off at times, and I think this could only hurt her in the long run. Plus, she sounds so much like Macy Gray that I think she would appear as a knock-off if she were to record.

John Stevens: nope. Good voice, but he'll never be more than a Sinatra impersonator.

Jennifer Hudson AND Jasmine: They seem too neutral. Great voices, but no real character of their own.

JPL: Lots of character, lol, but I'm not feeling the talent.

George: Contagious happiness! But I think his voice is too ordinary.

My top two:

Diana and La Toya. I think either one could easily be the next Idol. They are both extremely talented, and they both have stage presence.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:34 PM   #20  

I'm an addict, too!! But, it keeps me at the gym longer--I have to keep walking 'til it goes off! I was disappointed when Amy got voted out--I thought she was great--much better than the low-voiced girl. I like the Hawaiian girl and La Toya myself!

Cheryl
Old 04-07-2004, 01:48 PM   #21  

I think if JPL got ONE word of encouragement from the judges he would improve - seriously. He's got a very unique sounding voice and loads of personality, but every week he looks like he's having less fun. I thought his rendition of Rocketman was beautiful last night, but it seemed like the music was too slow and drawn out - ****, Elton John himself couldn't have a stellar performance if his band was off!
Here's my take on the others -
John Stevens - someone PLEASE get him off the show!
George Huff - kinda ordinary - nothing about him excites me
La Toya - I think she's great, but not as wonderful as the judges say
Diana - amazed me the very first week I heard her, but has been declining in my book since.
Jennifer - there's nothing unique about her voice. I could find her in any church choir across the country
Jasmine - she's REALLY cute and can usually sing well
Camille - another one who needs a word of encouragement from the judges! I love the way she sounds!
Fantasia - She does own the stage when she's up there, but her attitude really grates on my nerves - its like she's already won the competition.

There, that's my *non-expert* opinion
Old 04-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #22  

So who do you think will be gone tonight? My bottom 3 for tonight is John Stevens, Diana Degarmo & Jon Peter Lewis. I have been shocked most every week with the bottom 3 but these 3 were the bottom this week for me. It really varies each week. Camile is my favorite because her voice is so different and I would love to see her go far for a confidence boost. I think all of these will be signed whether they get idol or not this year. I do like Latoya and Jennifer though. Latoya has sang twice and made the hair stand up on my arms and that seldom happens. Even Jennifer did it last night but Circle of Life is my all time favorite Elton john song and she did great singing it.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #23  
it's always something

LaToya was great, as always Jennifer is talented, but I'm not a fan of her tone of voice. I completely agree about Fantasia. She's too sassy, and I don't think she stops to think before reacting.

Most of last night's performances were like a bad high school musical.

My bottom three: John Stevens, JPL (sorry veggie!) and Camile. I love Camile's voice, but she's just not ready for this. I think John Stevens will be the one to go, and I think he'll find it a great relief. He appeared to be on the verge of tears last night, I felt bad for him.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:11 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 2"

He did dance and he was good at it! His hair was different also!

Patricia
Old 04-08-2004, 05:01 PM   #25  

I think John Stevens is a cutie, but not an American Idol. Too smooth for today's pop scene.

I think people are voting "per show" and not based on overall performance. I don't know if that's the way it always is, because this is the first year I've watched it. I think it's bad that a person who's been in the bottom three consistantly has one good night and is now one of America's (I don't vote, so I really don't have room to gripe, but you know how it is ) favorites. I still like George and La Toya. But Jasmine is still my fave!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #26  

JPL hasn't been voted off tonight has he??????????????
Old 04-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #27  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Sorry to say he has! What is wrong with people these days?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #28  

Noooooooo I thought he'd be at least 2nd

Also John Stevens ( ) has the world gone mad?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:43 PM   #29  

Nooooooooooooo
Old 04-15-2004, 10:07 PM   #30  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I am with ya 100%. But don't worry, we will see him around. You know we will as much as we are seeing William Hung...give me a break!!!!!
Closed Thread