General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #16  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry, that's really disappointing, you were looking for support and got unsolicited advice and discouragement! I've shared my weight loss efforts on FB before, and without fail there will be some negative person, or someone telling me that they know a better way, and it's easy and it will work for sure...ugh. I don't want to say that you shouldn't share on other social media, because maybe you're also getting some great encouragement and support there, but it is always safe here.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #17  

Default Stay away from negative people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNomore71 View Post
I used to think that the more people we let know of our plans to lose weight, the more support we can get.

Recently I posted in my facebook page, my intention to kickstart a weight loss regimen again.

Immediately, a female of around 40's who has lost considerable amount of weight and has become slender from chubby, contacted me via inbox, sending pictures after picture of her chubby days, (in which she is still pretty looking) and told me, how I look like her former self, how "bad a mistake" she has made in losing weight (because she has become quite thin), how her "breasts started sagging", etc... Overall, her tone was discouraging of my efforts, very much!

And then another guy, who is in his 60's, writes to me, "What is the point in going against one's genetics? Why try to lose all the weight when nature has destined us for otherwise... it is all in our attitude to make ourselves happy!".

And still some others are not jealous, but still discourage me saying, "We are not made for the viewing pleasure of others!".

What is wrong with all these people? Whatever be it, why don't they stop and know their limits when it comes to others' (good) decisions?

Phew!
I recommend staying away from negative people and turning a deaf ear to their pessimism. Lending your ears to such critics will only hamper your success in the long run. It's very important for you to set goals for yourself and accomplish them one step at a time. Please do not give in to the naysayers and keep reminding yourself that you are on a healthy journey.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 71/67/55

Height: 165

do not waste energy on such people. Remember that the effects defend themselves and you do not need to talk about them. Do your own and let others see for themselves. and then they eat their chips and drink Coke in front of the TV
Camila415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #19  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

For real. I'm on this journey for MYSELF.
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #20  

Exactly, don't pay attention! People are sometimes jealous, insecure and sometimes just don't what they are saying - just who they are. Just focus on yourself and weight loss goals.
JamesLifeHealhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 AM   #21  

People always and in all compare themselves with others. Therefore, these negative reviews in your direction, it is only the reproof of their own conscience themselves. They understand that they could not achieve what you could, and that they are falling for you.
GowardToliyaty is offline   Reply With Quote