General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #46  

I guess I am the odd one out. I am from India
FattoFitIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 135 / 175 / 175

Height: 6'0

I'm from Morocco , couscous , hot sun and weed (I hope I won't get banned for this)
Adam S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:38 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm from... the US. I moved around a lot as a kid. Born in Oregon, but we moved from there before I was a year old. Went on to live in Texas, Arizona, North Dakota, and Connecticut before we reached Utah when I was about twelve. I got to see all kinds of stuff traveling between those states, but was SO happy when we realized we'd been in Utah for 10 years straight! So, I guess I'm from Utah...? Which is known for outdoor sports (best snow on Earth, according to all the pamphlets ), national parks, the BYU/U of U rivalry, and of course the LDS church.

I didn't stop there, though! I'm temporarily living in Japan--my contract's up in August after two years here--where I'm living in Kochi prefecture. Super, ridiculously hot and humid in the summer, just cold enough to be uncomfortable in the winter. We in fact warm up quickly enough and stay hot long enough that we can harvest rice twice a year in Kochi. We also grow tons of ginger. It blew my mind to see that the vegetable farms can and do operate here year-round. I passed a tree with fruit on it in January. O.O We also proudly claim Sakamoto Ryoma, a pretty famous samurai who was born in Kochi, who every other prefecture tries to claim for more superficial reasons, like traveling there or whatever. ;P The sakura's starting to bloom here, so we're really looking forward to going up to Kochi Castle for a flower-viewing picnic!

Last edited by Keika; 03-28-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #49  

I'm in Yorkshire (UK)
Greyhound Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 206/204/135

Height: 5'6

Born and raised in Gloucestershire, England.
I live in the Cotswolds area which is listed as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty so ee have a lot of tourism. My town is famous for its Abbey and the town I'm moving to is a Recency Spa town.
It's a lovely part of the world
lunaaabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Default Ca

I'm from Northern California. I'm currently living in San Jose in the Silicon Valley area about an hour south of San Francisco but I was born two hours north of here. We have two season around here summer and extended fall. Lol. Our summers are pretty nice and winter/fall/spring kind of rolls into one with cooler temperatures and the occasional rain. I think it's snowed twice in my lifetime and it always melted almost immediately...lol.

Sounds like everyone is from some interesting places. I'll have to add some of these to my list of places to travel.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #52  

Hi all, I just "re-joined". I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've lived here all my life!
lizzie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #53  

Hello all,
I'm from Sydney, Australia.
What attractions bring folk...too many to list...but our beaches, Harbour Bridge, wildlife, kickarse summers ect ect ect.
mykindofscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #54  

I'm from Chicago, United States

Last edited by Molly Larkins; 07-15-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Molly Larkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #55  

Southern California, born and raised. We are about one hour north of downtown Los Angeles. Hot is our season. Today, it is about 95, dry, no breeze. But no humidity, so it's bearable.

I always thought I'd live out my life in California, but then my only daughter along with hubby and my only grandson unexpectedly moved to Virgina, which is beautiful. Humid summers, and they haven't experienced a winter yet, but it's made me rethink my own retirement plans. Maybe . . . .
LivesInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:32 AM   #56  

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Alex74874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 4'11"

Born and raised in Southern California here
SlytherinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #58  

Lithuania Not much people I believe know about this country. One country from the Baltic States.
Zenka is offline   Reply With Quote