General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Chocolate recommendation - Valentine's Day

I would like a chocolate recommendation. So here's a bit of info. I am wanting to get us (me and DH) something for Valentine's day. I prefer dark chocolate. DH probably prefers milk chocolate or a dark without a high cocoa content. It can be boxed or bar. It would be nice to get some type of cute boxed chocolates since it will be for Valentine's. We both like nuts and caramel types. DH likes some fruity, chewy type stuff. I was looking for something different that the normal run of the mill stuff you get at the store this time of year. Although, I would totally enjoy any and all of of it. I was just looking for something a bit different this year. Any recommendations? TIA
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Diana,

I like the Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint. Since I have totally eliminated sugar from my diet, it tastes great to me. The mint flavor kind of "hides" the bitterness of the dark chocolate.
Endangered-Species-Rainforest-Natural-Chocolate. I can find them in Kroger's, if you have those grocery stores near you. I am pretty sure health food stores would carry them, too.

Also as a plus quoted from the manufacturer:"Endangered Species Chocolate donates ten percent of net profits annually to protect wildlife and habitats. With over $1.2 million donated to date, premium chocolate adds up to big support for at-risk species."

You probably can find a Valentine-y container at a craft store like Michaels to put the bars in.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

I have seen this brand at the store. Thank you for the recommendation.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

Have you tried finding any local chocolatiers in your area? It would be more likely you could get just the right variety you are looking for.

Or, you could try Lindt online. They are currently having some Valentine sales, although I'm not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Zeitgeist Thank you for the suggestion. I think there is a chocolate shop close to where I shop. I have avoided the place. I might take a look there, too.