General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-31-2015, 12:03 AM   #16  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I never went to mine. I never liked the kids much. They thought I was trying to be uppity because I am a voracious reader and instead of snuggling up with boys, I would snuggle with a good book. I was also called names because I made the Dean's list. Go if you want to. I can guarantee you will not be the only beyond chubby one there. I have seen many girls that I went to school with and all of them were much bigger. One I barely recognized as she was easily 300 lbs!!!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #17  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Update:

I went. And I am so glad I did, because it was really awesome. It was kinda awkward in the beginning, but after a while things just went great. I definitely learned that I shouldn't let doubt keep me from doing things I want to, even if I only want it a little bit

Last edited by Em Coconut; 09-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I've always been jealous of my parents & those they went to school with. They seem to really care about one another. My mom is going to her 70th, if you can believe that!! Yes, she went to school during the Depression & WWII. I guess that kind of turmoil in their young lives banned them close together.

Me & siblings, even though we went to many of the children of our parents' classmates, don't have that connection. Fact is, many of us dreaded school & those who we had to deal with on a daily basis. Frankly, I'll be totally honest my school was made up pretty much of bullies & horse's a$$e$! So I ain't missing them one bit. I think only my eldest brother who graduated in '66 has gone to any reunions.

I have nothing to prove to those people. They didn't approve of or support me back then. I don't care what they think. I don't care if they can walk on water or turn water into wine...they were toxic then & it took me years to work through it. I don't want to go back to that, just to have them smile in my face like nothing ever happened.

Now, I know many are probably saying, "Oh, it can have been that bad." Try it. I was constantly teased & tormented. I was beaten on more than a few times. I was brutally assaulted in the locker room & those that did it didn't even have to apologize. I dreaded every day I had to get on that friggin' bus, but I did it because my parents thought it was important. The scars maybe internal, but they are deep & I don't want to mess with them ever again. Seeing those people, might just cause them to open right up. I'm not going to give them any more of my time or tears.

If you have good memories or friends from HS, count yourself as lucky. But realize you are probably in a minority. Enjoy your reunions, only if you want to though. You have nothing to prove to anyone!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Update:

I went. And I am so glad I did, because it was really awesome. It was kinda awkward in the beginning, but after a while things just went great. I definitely learned that I shouldn't let doubt keep me from doing things I want to, even if I only want it a little bit
I'm so glad to hear that you had a good time! Thanks for getting back to us with the update.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 120/115/108

Height: 5'4''

I'm also glad you had a good time. I went to two reunions years ago, but didn't go after that, not even to the 10-year reunion. I wasn't constantly bullied, but the last months were a bit difficult because some girls were a bit messed-up and really dragged me into their drama. I live 600 km away and have my life here and so I didn't really feel a desire to go back. I don't really like being reminded of the last months of school.
CallyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #21  
mmm pies

S/C/G: 285/265/198

Height: 185cm

Good for you. Glad you went. Your weight is no reason to stop you doing anything. Would I go? Nope. I couldn't care less about the little shites I went to school with.
Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:41 PM   #22  

Quote:
So, a couple of months ago I got something I've been dreading for a while. Invitation to a reunion, for 10th grade (which is the grade before "high school" where I'm from. At first I was almost in shock, knowing that I would have to make a decision about whether I would go or not, but then I got this confident feeling, thinking that "hey, I'll just go!"... I got picked on a lot for my weight back then, and of course I've had lots of issues because of that, but it's a lot better now. Well, mostly, anyway.

The only problem now is this: I would hate giving those people the joy of seeing me the way I look now. I was only chubby back then, and I am way beyond chubby now.

When I first got the invitation, I thought that I had a lot of time to get rid of enough weight to at least look a little better, but then life and excuses happened, and now it's only a month left. I'm getting cold feet, and the date that I have to decide for sure is not far away. To make matters worse, the reunion is on my birthday.

I did have some friends, and some of them are going (such as one of my best friends), so I wouldn't be completely on my own, but I can't really expect them to hang around with me every second of the evening. I also feel like I should go just to prove to myself (and them, to some degree) that I am strong enough and that they didn't completely break me all those years ago.

So, would you go if you were me? Also, experiences from anyone who had a similar situation would be great
We had our class reunion last Saturday and I was glad that I went... even through my background is similar since I got picked on, too.

However... most people grow and mature... I was glad I went and I would recommend you do the same.
Camilla76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #23  

Quote:
Update:

Good for you
Camilla76 is offline   Reply With Quote