General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #16  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

Yikes! That would have really messed me up mentally for sometime... to me that is highly inappropriate. I feel like they are told never to make remarks like that to any customer about ANYTHING that is purchased right!?
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the replies! I was on vacation last week or I would have been back sooner. I filled in a survey from the receipt and I shared my feedback on that.

I've been using the Slimfast for a few days now and I decided to just use it as part of WW. I'm counting the Points like I would for any food. It's just nice to have something that's easy to track to help me get recommitted to actually losing weight.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Some people are really just clueless blockheads.

Start your journey however you see fit - your body - your life - your adventure. Good luck to you!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #19  
Yes.

Don't mind other people, just do what you think works best for you. Simple.
Forseir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think cashiers should be trained not to comment on anyones purchases. But I guess it would not occur to whoever is training that someone would need to be told that. I hate when a cashier comments upon how exoensive something is that I am buying. This has happened a few times when I was buying fruit.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I had an older cashier at Belk tell me last week that they don't carry bras big enough to fit me, then she asked if I wanted her to measure me. Um, no thanks. Keep in mind, I never asked for her help. When she said "can I help you find a bra?" I replied "no thanks, I'm just browsing." The fact that she is probably in her 80's is the only thing that kept me from getting irate.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
I had an older cashier at Belk tell me last week that they don't carry bras big enough to fit me, then she asked if I wanted her to measure me. Um, no thanks. Keep in mind, I never asked for her help. When she said "can I help you find a bra?" I replied "no thanks, I'm just browsing." The fact that she is probably in her 80's is the only thing that kept me from getting irate.
Why do people do this?
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #23  

S/C/G: /

Uhh, you would think that if people don't have anything nice to say that they just wouldn't say anything at all.
amyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #24  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

I'm using slimfast for the exact same reason - I'm eating 1200 calories a day, and i find it easier to have a third of those in the form of a shake that has all the nutrients in - basically, like you I am counting them as normal food. if I replaced them with food of the same calorific and nutritional value, i'm pretty sure it'd have the same effect.

I was once in a restaurant and ordered some extra chicken on the side as I'm not a fan of chips. Waitress puts them down and says "Anything else I can get for you guys?" and we politely decline and thank her. Then she looks at me and says, "Yes.. you've got plenty of food there, haven't you?" and walks off. I was so shocked I didn't even think to report it. Haven't seen her there since, though.
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #25  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTibbles View Post
I was once in a restaurant and ordered some extra chicken on the side as I'm not a fan of chips. Waitress puts them down and says "Anything else I can get for you guys?" and we politely decline and thank her. Then she looks at me and says, "Yes.. you've got plenty of food there, haven't you?" and walks off. I was so shocked I didn't even think to report it. Haven't seen her there since, though.
Oh wow. That makes me want to punch her for you.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #26  
Human

S/C/G: 275.2/271.2/150

Height: 5'2"

OP, cashiers should mind their own business. This is a perfect opportunity to get a gift card. I know I can't change the person but at least I can receive an "apology".

Here is my confession: I only complain when it is valid. I am a "professional complainer" when a store or restaurant employee does something or serves me in a less than satisfying way I note their name, the time, the date, take a photo of my receipt and then email a nice letter to the company. I start with a compliment, then the criticism, then my feelings then another compliment.

What has this gotten me so far? Apologies and: $50 Wegman's gift card, $20 Wawa gift card, $30 Olive Garden gift card, Free lunch at another Olive Garden, Coupon for free dinner at Bob Evan's, $20 gift card at Panera, Free night at La Quinta. I am sure there is more.
CatRN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I went to a local/sustainable seafood restaurant ($$) with my husband a few months ago, ordered a glass of champagne and got it with no problem. I ordered a second glass later in the evening and got white wine. I told the waitress (it was her first week and she was adorable), and she apologized and said she'd be right back with the right drink.

A minute later the waitress returns with the bartender

The bartender started to yell at me that it was the correct drink, and I told her it was white wine. She then screamed at me that "champagne IS white wine!" I was LIVID! I told her yes, except it has bubbles, and THIS doesn't. Further, I KNOW my champagne!"

We immediately asked for our food to be packed up so we could leave.

The owner heard about it and sent over the manager with a sizable gift card and a note to call him in the morning. I have the card sitting on my fridge, just waiting for a day when we can go back. The food was PHENOMENAL, but I wish I was eating it off of a plate and not a leftover container when I got home!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #28  
Down The Rabbit Hole

S/C/G: 229.2/216.6/199

Height: 5'2"

I see your point. Someone making a comment like that, though well intentioned it may be, is a bit embarassing and wasn't asked for. (The road to **** was paved with good intentions, right? Haha...*ahem!*) Who knows what her experience with Slimfast is, but who cares anyway? Everyone here already knows "different things for different people". I think you did best by just ignoring her and letting it go. For the record, Slimfast is awesome.

Last edited by Alice In ONEderland; 08-19-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Alice In ONEderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #29  

For me personally: I hate Slim Fast, Weight Loss Surgery, Shakes, Protein Only Diets and all that jazz.

But I would NEVER, EVER tell anyone they "shouldn't be doing that" or "don't you know XYZ" because I have seen so many people's lives be ALTERED RADICALLY by these methods (My 600LB Life, anyone??) and therefore know that what is good for the goose is most definitely NOT good for the gander.

Good job just ignoring and walking away. She may have been well-intentioned, but you were the better person.
Krinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 265/222/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I would have said; "oh, they aren't for me; your mom called and asked me to get you some, but it is a surprise, so don't tell anyone". She would would have to stop and think about that one..... LOL
Cikan is offline   Reply With Quote