General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #1  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Question Will a hook-up get him "out of my system"?

Hey, gals. I have a love/relationship question. My question is: From your experience, will hooking-up with a guy get rid of an infatuation, or will it make it worse?

More background info (if you want to read): I am a college student. Last semester, I developed a huge crush on one of my TA's. He is a genuinely nice, caring, funny, smart and all around "good" person. He is single, as far as I know. Now that the semester is over, he is no longer my TA. We became friends over Facebook. He invited me to his birthday party which I attended. I've been infatuated with him the entire year. I don't think he wants to date me. He hasn't shown an interest in hanging out with me since his birthday party... but we talk if we run into each other in the library. At this point, I just want to be able to get him out of my system.

Thanks.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #2  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

That's a tough question! Honestly I have seen it go both ways.

I would just go for it, probably. Why not? If he's not interested in a relationship but you're still crushing on him, it seems like a decent compromise, lol.
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Hook up with the guy you like, or with a different guy?

For me, if I like a guy and he doesn't feel the same, hooking up with him rarely works (once in a while it does, but I can usually tell if it will or not - it's a gut feeling).

If I like a guy and he doesn't feel the same, I may hook up with someone else. That actually tends to help me. I'm not sure why. Maybe I tend to get more crushes on people when I'm in a bit of a dry spell?

I'd go with what your instinct is. If you really feel like it'll help, I'd go for it.

If you think you'll end up feeling hurt if he doesn't want to date even after you have sex, I'd avoid it.

Good luck!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Are you sure he just isn't shy? Ask him on a date, see what happens. I mean, you've crushed long enough. If he says no. Find a booty call. I wouldn't booty call him though.
What if he actually liked you and you did that? Hard to start a relationship with sex.
Good luck and update us!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

If you are sure that he's not interested then hooking up with him will make it worse in my experience. Hook ups cause more feelings to stir for girls, but not necessarily for guys. It's the ugly truth.

On the other hand if you're not sure how he feels then test it out, it may develop and this won't be an issue at all.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I would imagine not seeing him on a regular basis would be enough to move on from your crush. No need to hook up with someone in order to forget about him
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

I agree with the "it's hard to start a relationship with sex" thing. I tried the scenario you're talking about a couple years ago and it ended up with the most confusing, heart-wrenching, and most complicated "relationship" of my life. 0/10 would not recommend!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote