General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Hi again, it's been ages since I posted but I wanted to update this thread. Mostly in case someone reads it and maybe it can help them too.

Firstly, I am so grateful so all the responses I had, it really gave me a lot to think about and helped that it was unbiased.

About 9 weeks ago he moved home at my request, the intention was to try keeping things long distance for a while, but after a few weeks I noticed he was still trying to control me and being nasty, so I ended it for good. It was definitely easier having made the first step of him moving out.

At first when he left, I missed him and started to wonder if I'd overreacted etc, but after seeing that he hadn't changed even after this, it was enough to start remembering all the horrible things he put me through and realising I did actually have a choice. Things got to the point where I started to feel incredibly depressed and numb, I began not caring about my life because I couldn't bear the thought of staying trapped in this horrible 'relationship'.

I felt really trapped for a long time, especially by us living together, but I'm starting to feel much happier and more like my self now.

I'm not in a rush to look for another relationship, but I will certainly have my eyes wide open next time. Emotional abuse is incredibly deceptive....

Thank you all so much for the support you offered, it really did make a difference! xx

Last edited by serendipity907; 10-03-2015 at 06:32 PM.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I am so glad to read this update!
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Good for you!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I lived like this for 21 years before I came to my senses. He will not change. Do not waste you youth on such nonsense. You deserve better.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Thanks all It really wasn't a smooth breakup (If such things exist), between him moving out and breaking up life really kicked my butt and I started wondering if I was even doing the right thing, I guess when the chips are down it's easier to want to turn to familiar things. Somehow I managed to carry on though, and soon started feeling better than I have done for ages.

He has of course tried to plead with me for more chances, 'just sacrifice a little bit' being my favourite one. He swears even now he will never hurt me again (And pigs fly etc). I was incredibly clear with him I couldn't ever go back with him but all he seemed interested in was what *he* wanted.

I really never thought I'd find enough strength to do this but I'm so thankful to be out of his life and I know my friends and family are relieved also.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #36  
Post Preggers

S/C/G: 222/185/160

Height: 5'8

YoU are young, I'd suggest ending it. You don't want to wake up 10 years from now and realize that you deserved so much more. The longer you wait the more sticky things can get. Find the one that makes you feel like your the only girl in the world. Good luck!
meldogml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #37  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

So glad you broke up with him! Much better men await!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote