General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Which chain restaurants have nutrition facts on their menus?

I think it's supposed to be a law for all of them by November 2015. But in the meantime, are there any chain restaurants that already have nutrition facts/calories clearly printed on their menus now?

Hubby loves to eat out on weekends with the kids, and I need to be able to rattle off three or four establishment options for him that will allow me to stay on plan while still appeasing the rest of the family. I'd rather make my choice in-restaurant rather than spend a bunch of time looking at websites of restaurants I don't really like anyway and then trying to commit the dishes that fit my calorie requirements to memory.

Thanks!
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I didn't know there was a law passed about this!

If you have a cell phone, you can always bring up the nutrition info as you look through the menu at the table. The Ruby Tuesday's healthy options part of the menu includes calorie counts, but the rest of the menu doesn't. Applebee's. Panera Bread.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #3  

What country? I'm assuming the US.

Pretty much every chain restaurant in NA has calorie info on their website. In terms of inside the menu at the restaurant, I don't go to enough chain restaurants. But I did go to Cheesecake Factory this past Xmas and they provided calorie info at the restaurant.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

One restaurant that is horrible for nutritional information on their website/available online is Tony Romas. There is a calorie count, but that is little help for those following the Weight Watcher's Points Plus for example. There is one thing I feel comfortable getting there and that is the pulled pork sandwich, and I have to sub in a salad instead of the starchy sides. Most chain websites are pretty good about nutritional information.

Last edited by CanadianCutie; 03-21-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: To add more info
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote