General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/247/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Default Headbands

Ok, let's talk headbands for working out. I am one of those people who puts on a headband and it pops off within seconds. Idk why this happens, but all my life, it has. The only ones I've managed to keep on my head okay are the Urban Halo ones (only while my hair is in a ponytail) and they aren't all that great when you get to really moving.

So my questions are: Does anyone else have this problem, because I've yet to meet anyone else who did.... and what headbands are your favorite for working out?
Cwhit0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #2  

Yes, I have this problem! I have so many abandoned headbands at home. I have headband envy when I see other people wearing them like it's no big deal.

I would love to hear suggestions as well!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #3  

I have the same problem! I think it can have to do with your head shape and hair texture. I have soft, fine hair and a smaller head, and they just pop right off. Forget about working out with one!

I would love to find just one kind that would work for me also!
christinaorr65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinaorr65 View Post
I have the same problem! I think it can have to do with your head shape and hair texture. I have soft, fine hair and a smaller head, and they just pop right off.
LOL, you described me perfectly.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I buy mine from etsy. You could try someone who does custom sizes.

I'd recommend one of the following:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OwlBeSweatin (provides headbands that can be adjusted)
https://www.etsy.com/people/harepeace1 (headbands come in different sizes)

I've bought from both of the above and they are both excellent.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I don't have a problem with headbands popping off.. but I also don't have really fine hair, or a smaller head... so that very well have something to do with it.

As far as which headbands I like.. I suppose I haven't put too much thought into it. I just grabbed a few from the tennis section of Walmart.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

headbands always pop off my head too i have fine hair but I don't know about my head size lol...i do think the back of my head is shaped in a way that lets it just slide off though

i found headbands in the walmart yoga section that had some sort of sticky(?) like rubber-type stuff on the inside and those stay on my head pretty well....unfortunately they're not meant to keep sweat off my face so i just use them for everyday wear, if i want a headband.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/280/175

Height: 5'6

I have the same exact problem. I think it's because I have a an odd shaped head. Lol I've tried some out of the girls section but they were too tight and gave me a headache. ��
Miss V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Wear it like a guy. Ponytail your hair and have the headband across your forehead, not holding your hair back. I find Halo IIs are the best. And for a heavy workout I take two and swop them over.

Last edited by IanG; 01-31-2015 at 07:11 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Across the forehead would make me break out, pretty sure.

I would stop going for headbands that go all the way around. I find the ones made of plastic or basically anything but fabric and elastic stay where I put them.

Sometimes you can find fabric ones with a strip of rubber on the inside and that would probably grip a little better.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/247/150ish

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe it does have to do with hair type..... I do have fine hair. I also don't think that bump at the base of my skull sticks out as much as others. Idk.

The comment about wearing it like a guy across my forehead cracked my up! I could do that, but it wouldn't keep my bangs and flyaway a out of my face, which would be pointless. I do listen to beastie boys a lot when I work out, so I could definitely pull that look off! Lol!

I am intrigued by the ones with rubber, but I wonder if my hair will tangle in them really bad. I guess there is only one way to find out. I have the kind of hair that things tangle in and have to be cut out.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! I really appreciate it!
Cwhit0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/213/175

Height: 5'11''

Hands down.. the best headband for working out is Sweaty bands and Brady Bands. I believe they are only sold online. I have never been able to wear headbands because they always slip off. My sweaty bands (i've never actually used brady bands but its the same thing) don't even budge, even after an hour of high intensity boxing class. They are also cute, and I wear them on a low-key weekend day, and they don't move all day. they have a "velvet" back on them.

Be warned, they are very expensive. I think 15-20 EACH. BUT a few times a year they have a flash sale, where they are 5 dollars each.. this is when i stock up. The only bad thing is you can't pick which ones you get, only can what they send. I always "request" colors, and more often than not i get what i ask for.

BUT for christmas i bought my sister one that i found at Walmart.. i can't remember the brand, but it is one of the "well known headband brands". LOOK FOR THE VELVET BACK. anything else doesn't work. I don't know what the technical term for that backing is, but you'll know exactly what i'm talking about. My sister has had sweaty bands and the walmart one, and she says its exactly the same. I think it was $4 something at walmart around christmas time, and is sold in the hair isle with all of the other headbands/brushes/etc.
Lucky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Are you talking about the ones that go all the way around? They pop off me too, no matter the backing, plastic, velvet, doesnt matter. The only thing that works are the plastic or metal hard ones, the ones like this http://www.claires.com/us/products/b...headband-20063

I have to try them on though, if they are too tight they will give me a headache, too loose and they will fall off if i move too harshly. I tend to get cheaper thin plastic ones for working out, and more expensive (like 10 bucks, not 60) metal ones for fashion.

I can usually find ones that fit at claires or other accessory stores, NOT at the grocery store, walmart, etc
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178.6/178.6/150

Height: 5'3"

I've found one brand of headband that will stay on. They are amazing! They're LuluLemon, and honestly they seem ridiculously priced for headbands, but they actually work.
SunMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote