General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Tablet fans: Nexus, iPad or Samsung...help me choose.

I've been slacking recently, put back on everything I lost earlier this year. My treadmill's been there, I moved it from the hall to the bedroom which means nothing to entertain me while doing my walks. I'm considering buying a tablet (Need it for other things too, mainly browsing).
I'm totally no more in touch with new technologies these days...confused as to which one to buy. I tend to prefer the iPad, but I still want to hear the opinions of those of you who have been using these.
On the treadmill I'll use it mainly for music and movies, plus reading books while training.
Thanks in advance for your help.

T4T
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I have an acer iconia B1 tablet. I love it. I bought it primarily as a replacement for my old sony e-reader, but I find I use it for checking email and playing games and simple web searches as well. When my friend was looking for a tablet I urged her to get the same one, and she loves it as well. The main reason I chose this one was because it had the SD card slot.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #3  
Blessed Person Here

Hi CC, I went for the iPad Mini 2 . I hope to enjoy it. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have both an iPad air and iPad mini, I prefer the mini. It is a great little tablet
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #5  
Blessed Person Here

Yeah, I'm loving it!
Old 12-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm in this same boat, looking at the Samsung vs. iPad in the 10" version. The prices are dismaying, though. Looking at online reviews, the Samsung seems to be the better option, but I use an iPhone and kind of thought it'd be cool to be able to have my same apps, etc. Plus I don't know diddly about Android operating systems. Not sure what I'll do yet.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

So as an update I selected the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" tablet. It was a toss up for me between that or the iPad Air 2. They both seemed to have phenomenal screens. The iPad appealed to me because I have had an iPhone for years so the learning curve would have been minimal. But in the end I went with the Samsung for one reason: expandable storage. iPad doesn't have an option to put a miscroSD card (or other type card) in to expand storage, whereas the Samsung did. But boy what a learning curve. Android doesn't feel nearly as intuitive to me as iOS did.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

What all are you looking to do with it, and are you very tech savvy? If you're already heavily invested in the apple marketplace because you have an iPhone, then going with the iPad/iPad mini would probably be the better choice. iPads are designed to be more user friendly to the non-tech savvy crowd which is why I asked that question. People who typically struggle with technology (as my mother does) are more likely to find the iPad interface easy to use.

Samsung would be my preferred choice for an Android system, but that's just cause I've had good experience with the brand. I tend to like more open tablets when it comes to customization, and what I can do with it. I like being able to side-load apps, and choose which app store that I wish to buy things from. Samsung is pretty good about not locking down their systems. So on a personal level, I'd go with it.

Edited to add - Shame on me for not reading the entire thread first! I just saw what you posted was an update, lol. Oh well.

Last edited by sunarie; 01-19-2015 at 07:15 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote