General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Currently I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

If anyone knows how to get past the twisty room in the forest temple please let me know (or if you know how to get the bow when you're an adult) :P
There are a few twisty rooms. I think the first one you walk through, then get to a room with one of those awful ceiling hands. Later you get to straighten the corridor out.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Currently I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

If anyone knows how to get past the twisty room in the forest temple please let me know (or if you know how to get the bow when you're an adult) :P
That game brings back memories! I haven't played it since the N64 was popular. I made it to the water temple, lost my shield to an enemy so couldn't breath underwater anymore, and couldn't figure out how to get my shield back as I couldn't make it to the enemy without being able to breath underwater.. so I never ended up beating that one. Years later I found out there's a guy you can talk to in order to get a new one. I don't remember any other specifics about the game, unfortunately.

We opened up the Wii U early so I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 a bit. All the other games are for my son for Christmas. The Wii U is technically a family gift, but my son won't be here until Christmas day anyway cause he's with his dad, and we would have opened it up and hooked it up anyway to get the software updated and everything charged/batteried up. That's been fun though!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #33  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiora View Post
There are a few twisty rooms. I think the first one you walk through, then get to a room with one of those awful ceiling hands. Later you get to straighten the corridor out.
Yup, the first room is definitely the one (with the hands.)

I have a feeling you have to shoot the eye above the door before you walk in, but I have not found out how to get my bow and arrow as an adult yet so I've just been running around hoping to come across something lol.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #34  

I love video games and right now Destiny has really sucked me in. It combines 2 of my favorite game types rpg/mmo and fps. I am primarily an xbox gamer but have been thinking of grabbing a ps4 sometime soon.
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #35  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I've been a gamer since... Forever. My dad is a gamer and he raised me a gamer so, here I am! I mostly play PC but we've got a PS2-4 and an Xbox but no Wii... Yet. Right now, it's all WoW but I'm also a D3'er and a Steam junkie. I could (and have) game all day. Nice to see more gamers!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:45 AM   #36  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I recently reactivated my WoW account and started leveling my old 80s. I get burnt out quickly though so maybe my gamer-ness is not so strong. lol Me and hubby and the kids had a five man team for dungeons which was super fun but one kid decided he doesn't want to play it anymore. Boo! Tererria has his attention.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:04 PM   #37  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I love games too! Mostly simulation ones like Sims 3 and harvest moon. I don't want Sims 4 cause they removed the toddler stage :'(. I have virtual families 2 on my phone!!!

My other big one is Pokemon, Its that one game I'm really good at and the only one I best my husband at. We have a Wii U in our house and then the laptops (husband has steam). I'll play Smash Bros, we got the latest one and that's fun!!!

My husband and I are also really into Board games, we have over a hundred... Flux, settlers of Catan, Target, Bang, We didnt play test this, thingd in a box, apples tobapples, Pompeii, etc... I could never list them all!!!

Hey, if any of you are sprinters and gamers and have a smart phone my husband has this pretty cool game-app for his sprinting. Its called Zombies, Run! 3 and it tracks your sprinting. When you sprint, you collect supplies for base and have to stay away from zombies. I don't use it cause I swim instead if sprint, but if you're a gamer it can be an added bonus and motivation to get out and run! Plus it gives you something to play atvthr same time. The voices for the game are pretty funny too

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 01-02-2015 at 03:05 PM.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

So happy to have found this thread.

I got into gaming late in life, I have only been gaming for about 3 years but I am now an addict.

My DH plays too and that is how I got into it but although we share some gaming interests we have very different preferences.

Currently I am playing Red Dead Redemption and I absolutely love it. I play on the weekends for hours when my DH is working the late shift.

I am an Xbox 360 user but have thought of getting a play station 3 just to play "last of us".

Games completed include: Alan Wake, Alone in the Dark, Halo 3, Left for Dead 1 and 2, Kane and Lynch, Jericho, Silent Hill homecoming, Golden Axe, Eragon, Borderlands, Walking dead telltale 1 and 2, all the Resident evil on xbox 360, FEAR 3 and can't remember the rest now.

I just recently joined xbox live just for the DLC's.

I really like games with good visuals and a story line I can get lost in. I have to say I think Red Dead Redemption is my fave so far. I am also playing Borderlands 2 but am bored with it and I don't think I will finish it.

I want to get "Wolf amongst us" soon.

My DH likes racing games like Forza 4, I hate those games. Oh well.

Last edited by pluckypear; 03-02-2015 at 08:09 AM.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #39  
Queen of Conundrums

S/C/G: 165/150/117

Quote:
Yup, the first room is definitely the one (with the hands.)

I have a feeling you have to shoot the eye above the door before you walk in, but I have not found out how to get my bow and arrow as an adult yet so I've just been running around hoping to come across something lol.
If you are playing the original version (for N64 or 3DS), or Master Quest?

Have you encountered any of the rooms with the hanging pictures of any of the Poe Sisters (I believe the first you should encounter is Beth- the red/orange one)... after you first go through that room (there are three picture frames, one will have Beth in it, the other two will be black) just ignore the paintings and proceed to the next room. If I remember correctly you will be in a smaller circular room and two Stalfos will appear. Fight and kill them both and then a large chest will appear.
Then -dodododoooooo *insert music here*- you will have the Fairy Bow.

Then you get to go back and fight Beth.

And also, yes - that is how you straighten out that corridor :B

((Also, hopefully my memory is good... It has been quite a while since my last play through of OoT))
Halloween_Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #40  
Queen of Conundrums

S/C/G: 165/150/117

Completed Console Games (or at least the ones that come to kind):

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Donkey Kong 64

Silent Hill 1-4, .Hack//Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine, .Hack//GU (all), Army of Darkness: Fist full of Boomstick, Guitar Hero 1 & 2

Silent Hill 5: Homecoming, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Origins, Skyrim

In Progress (And may never be finished)
Final Fantasy X (too long and repetitive), Silent Hill: Downpour, The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed

Playing: Red Dead Redemption
Halloween_Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #41  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

I have a bad habit of buying new games, and then replaying ones I already own. I'm on my fifth playthrough of DA:I but I have barely started AC Unity or the Last of Us...

I also love replaying the Walking Dead Game (any telltale game really) to get the different stories.
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I love the telltale games. Cannot wait for more episodes to be released for Games of thrones and Tales of Borderlands!

I've started playing FFXIV again, and Eve. Two sub based games. We got the Wii U for Christmas too.. been playing some Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on it.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #43  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I'm a huge gamer. Currently I'm playing DA: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, World of Warcraft, I always go back to the sims 3 (though I dislike 4 immensely).

I have so many hours logged on skyrim it's insane..
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #44  

I've always been into video games my first console was a Sega Genesis. The last decade I've mainly been an Xbox girl owning the original, the 360, and the One but I did recently pick up Ps4 for The Last of Us. I'm also going to build a pc soon for The Division. But right now I mostly play Destiny. In the past I've played Fallout 3, Minecraft, countless hours on Halo. And Borderlands, do not get me started on the amount of time I've played 1 & 2 (Presequel was ok not as much end game as the others). Basically love me some games and I feel comfortable saying I'm a gamer.
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Resurrecting this for a bit.

Look for other PS4 gamers out there. I'm currently toodling around in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and looking for people who might be interested co-op gaming. Feel free to add me, Kamekaze_000

Last edited by vchan000; 04-28-2015 at 01:28 PM.
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote