General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #1  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Default There has to be other gamers here!

I was searching around the threads and sub-threads for other gamers like myself (though, the "games" sub-thread isn't really what I'm talking about, but please move it there if it's more appropriate!)

As I explained a little big in my signature, I'm an avid video game collector and player.

I'm currently playing ZombiU (WiiU) and Halo the Master Chief Collection (XBox One) at the moment.

Let's talk video games! I love finding other people who like video games!

Last edited by Ciao; 11-19-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I play lots of games My favorite of all time is Earthbound for the SNES. Currently I've been playing a bit of the most recent WoW expansion with friends, after finally finishing up Shadows of Modor. We've got a PS3, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, and will be getting a Wii U for Christmas (family gift).. then of course I have my PC too. Single player I've mostly been playing some indie games on the PC, and then some Ni No Kuni on the PS3.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

guilty I love video games since i was a little girl. my gamertag is calicofox i dont have the xbox one yet but im getting it around xmas time
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #4  

We don't have an xbox yet. I'm sure we'll end up getting one eventually.. My steam gamertag is Sunarie though. Assuming there are multiple Sunaries, mine is the one that has the avatar of a cartoon girl in a headset holding onto a spiked ball and chain.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

I just blew out my husband's laptop playing Skyrim the other day. It was running for over 24 hours straight and we're pretty sure the power supply melted. We haven't opened it up yet. It smells bad. Probably we can rescue the hard drive if not the whole PC, so I can continue my game.

For now we're playing on the PS3 again. I forgot how much I loved Skyrim on the first playthrough. I wish Elder Scrolls Online didn't make you pay for BOTH the game and the subscription, or I would be on that in a heartbeat. As it stands I probably won't start playing.

We each have a PS3 on our own TV in the living room (mounted side by side on the wall). We just never bothered to get rid of a TV or PS3 when we moved in together... which has been nice for playing Borderlands and Civ Revolution together.

I'm obsessed with Pokemon and Legend of Zelda, and have played almost all the games in both series. Lately I've been sitting beside my husband while he plays through Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and now Twilight Princess. It's nice to share it with him.

The games I actually play the most of (despite aforementioned obsessions) are strategy games. Civ 5 on the mac, lots of Sim games (SimCity, Rollercoaster Tycoon, etc), and Age of Empires (although I secretly liked Empire Earth a lot better).

There's a special place in my heart for dungeon crawlers, too, which started with Diablo II. I wish I could remember all the great ones I've played since then. I think Champions: Return to Arms was one on the PS2.

I can't pick my favourite games. I guess the only games I don't like much are full FPS games with no third person view. Don't get me wrong, first person is a great viewpoint in certain circumstances (I usually play a stealth archer in Elder Scrolls games, and I use a LOT of first person when clearing dungeons), but when I'm just running around goofing off and looting stuff (or if I'm swordfighting) I want a third-person view. It just puts more on the screen so I feel like I'm watching a battlefield. I don't want to be IN a battlefield, I want to CONTROL it.

I am babbling too much.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
I play lots of games My favorite of all time is Earthbound for the SNES. Currently I've been playing a bit of the most recent WoW expansion with friends, after finally finishing up Shadows of Modor. We've got a PS3, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, and will be getting a Wii U for Christmas (family gift).. then of course I have my PC too. Single player I've mostly been playing some indie games on the PC, and then some Ni No Kuni on the PS3.
How awesome!
I have my SNES, N64, GameCube, PS1, PS2, WiiU, Xbox One, Gameboy Advance, and 3DS.

I just started collecting during the summer and I'm working on getting N64 games. I've also played WoW but have stopped for a little while to play other games.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicofox View Post
guilty I love video games since i was a little girl. my gamertag is calicofox i dont have the xbox one yet but im getting it around xmas time
When you get it add my gamertag! JuinChouChou
I named it from my son.

In French Juin is June (when he was born) and Chouchou is just a term of endearment
Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #8  
losing it for good

S/C/G: 219.2/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Love this thread! And so excited about Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby coming out on Friday! Just got a reminder text from GameStop (make that four reminder texts because we pre-ordered four copies, lol).

My whole family (me, husband, son and daughter) love gaming. We all have our favorites but some game (like Pokemon and Minecraft) we all play. My son loves the Call of Duty type stuff, my daughter loves various mobile games on her Kindle, my husband likes sports games and Assassin's Creed. I like puzzle games and word games. Yay, gaming!!!
forkeeps2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:53 AM   #9  
Smiley abuser

S/C/G: 300/198.0/175

Height: 5'7"

Why has no one mentioned The Sims yet? I play that and Minecraft mostly, but I probably don't count as a gamer because I don't own a console or play games more than once a week at most. I also like Zelda, but I haven't played that in years.
RunningWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #10  

I have the Sims 4, and Minecraft as well. I haven't been playing either lately though. Pokemon I like but we only have one DS and usually we only buy one game cause we don't like spending that much money on essentially the same game... so since Pokemon still only has one save slot.. well I'm still waiting for boyfriend to beat Black/White so I can play through it, lol. We did pick up the new Dragon Age last night though.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

I'm so glad there's a thread for this!

Ever since I was a kid, gaming was my way of taking a break and getting away from normal life. I am and always have been a PC gamer. I've played on one or the other friends' PS and Xbox, but never had my own.

My first real games were Septerra Core and Final Fantasy VIII (always my first love). These days I'm pretty obsessed with Assassin's Creed and Diablo 3:RoS.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #12  

I've got Diablo 3 but I haven't played it in a loooong time. The auction house, and real money auction house, were both still in place the last time I picked it up, if that's any indication, lol. I heard RoS was good though.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Gamer here. Played Everquest for years, still pop back on there every once in awhile (there's a free to play option). Played WoW for a short while. The game that has my attention now is Skyrim. I played it not long after it first came out, but then lost interest when I got into another game, but now am totally back into it.
I play The Sims 3 from time to time, I have most of the expansions but not all of them enabled.
I've also been playing a Sim game called Game Dev Tycoon. It's very low tech, but it is a lot of fun. I don't have any of the new consoles, never really been much for console gaming since Sega Genesis, and Playstation/2 to a certain extent.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #14  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

Actually playing CoD while reading this.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
Gamer here. Played Everquest for years, still pop back on there every once in awhile (there's a free to play option). Played WoW for a short while. The game that has my attention now is Skyrim. I played it not long after it first came out, but then lost interest when I got into another game, but now am totally back into it.
I play The Sims 3 from time to time, I have most of the expansions but not all of them enabled.
I've also been playing a Sim game called Game Dev Tycoon. It's very low tech, but it is a lot of fun. I don't have any of the new consoles, never really been much for console gaming since Sega Genesis, and Playstation/2 to a certain extent.
Everquest... I remember the stories about Everquest, back in the day. And those stories are the reason I never played it or WoW. I did play Mabinogi for a short while, which is similar (and free).

I just wish Skyrim had a multiplayer (not online) option so my husband and I could play in the same world via LAN link. That'd be the best! ...I've seen mention of a mod that does multiplayer but I'm not sure I believe it. Might have to try that out.

I, too, play the Sims 2/3/4... but since 4 came out I've gotten a bit annoyed at The Sims, because the company is no longer making a mac version. Yeah, we have a PC in the house, but I prefer certain games on my mac and The Sims has always been in that category (usually our household macs have higher performance than our household PCs, for one thing). Also they're continuing their trend of taking all the features out for the first release, which they had an excuse for 5 years ago, but not today. So I don't know if I'll be buying any new expansions or new Sims games down the road.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote