General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default I need a new blanket :-)

My DH and I are different temperatures. He is warm natured and I am very cold. During the Winter months I have always used a small electric throw to keep me warm at night. I am wanting to get away from using the electric throw. I have read negatives about using these. I'm not sure if they are that bad for you or not. But I am wanting a suggestion for a very warm blanket. Hopefully someone can suggest something. I don't want down and do want it to be washable. If you have a suggestion, please post a direct link where I can buy it. That will be very helpful. I received an email from Bed Bath and Beyond about this blanket/throw. I'm not sure if it's any warmer than any other blanket, LOL. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...LT-0&view=grid

I appreciate the suggestions.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I hope you find something nice and warm! can I ask, what the negatives are for the electric throw? because I bought one last fall, and it helped me stay warm all winter; and I'm starting to use it again for this winter season. Is it because you're worried about the heat hurting your skin? or a possible fire hazard?
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

VermontMom I have read that the electrical current is not good for you. It could all be BS. I love using the electric blanket because it keeps me nice and toasty.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote