General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Are there any Menopause support groups on here?

I don't know which is worse, the body aches, weight gain or mood swings
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #2  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Find a doctor who knows about HRT, the more open minded, the better. Anti-aging doctors, as opposed to endocrinologists or gynecologists, are a much better bet. I get HRT through my sports medicine doctor's office, he understands the connection between pain/healing and hormone balance.

I have menopause arthritis and it absolutely is exacerbated by the hormone fluctuations. Unfortunately, I'm also still cycling naturally so while the hormones help there are parts of the month that are rougher than others and it's going to be that way for a while yet.

As for all the other stuff, yep, hormones fix that, too. I had all but like three symptoms on the menopause list within a few months of my first hot flash. Last year kind of sucked.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Menopause, and or other lady stuff, can be yukky.

Due to family, crappy female stuff, I did surgical meno, at 31. No regrets.

The best advice, find a Dr. you are comfy with, that will listen, and explain, and be kind, supportive, and above all, HONEST with you, and the people around you.

I lucked out and got a great gyno.

Love that man! Even my husband liked him.

It's not an easy time. Take a breath, be honest with those around you. I spent several nights either bawling, in the locked bathroom, or outside in 0 degree weather, recovering from hot flashes!

Be honest with those around you, it has nothing to do with them. And find a doctor, that you like.

My gyno was so patient, and understood the family history, and was so patient, in explaining the process.

I know, the whole thing can make you think you're nuts!

But, take a breath,, have patience, lock yourself in the bathroom if needed, but, understand, with patience, and a Dr. you can relate to, this to shall pass.

It was a long row to hoe, but, I am happier now than ever!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote