General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #16  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Taking it into your own hands? Maybe?

As far as breast milk I saw on a site called Etiquette h*ll (it's a good read) someone actually stole a woman's pumped milk that was packed in a baby bottle tote so she could take it home that night. That just borders on straight up creepy. We all know breast milk and cow's milk look totally different. No idea what they did with it but...omg.

Last edited by novangel; 07-22-2014 at 06:55 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #17  
Warrior Princess

I'm going to print this out. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coworker-food-at-lunch.jpg (10.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #18  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I'm going to print this out. lol
I love fridge notes. My current office is small. The company is spread out, people work from home. Only 4 people in my current office.

I use to work in a HUGE office with lots of people, work studies as well. Notes popped up all over the place. So funny sometimes. XD
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I worked at one place where this NEVER happened. Then at another place where it always happened. One person took orders for foot-long hoagies that her daughter's school was selling. She brought them in in a big box and put the box in the cooler. By lunchtime, they were half gone, and not to the people who ordered (and paid for ) them. A very well paid pharmacist was fired for always taking other people's lunches. He could well afford to buy his own lunch. I always brought something I could keep at my desk because I was afraid some nutcase was going to put something toxic in my food. It's such a shame we have to live that way.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-23-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #20  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
He could well afford to buy his own lunch. I always brought something I could keep at my desk because I was afraid some nutcase was going to put something toxic in my food. It's such a shame we have to live that way.
This is also common, people that can more than afford food. Must be entitlement/arrogance.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

Ugh! I am sorry that it happened to you! I used to work in an office where we had a shared fridge--and I too had something stolen. I finally bought a big lunch box with ice blocks and kept my lunch at my desk. Lo and behold, I never had anything stolen again! However, I heard numerous stories from friends who continued to use the shared fridge and lost stuff. They finally asked (because I had a big lunch box!!!) can I store my stuff in your lunch box. I always said yes, cuz I knew what it was like to have something stolen.
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #22  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I've been on both sides of this.

Once I accidentally stole someone's yogurt. In my defense, I had a raspberry yogurt in the fridge and so did they. Same brand and everything. The only difference was that mine was a regular texture and theirs was the "whipped" sort. They looked the same and I grabbed what I thought was my yogurt and started eating it. Then I realized my error and sure enough, there sat MY yogurt while I ate theirs. So I left a note on the fridge explaining the error and that they were welcome to my yogurt and tomorrow I would also replace their "whipped" yogurt. No one seemed too mad, but I felt bad.

We had a guy who would steal the meat out of sandwiches, and any dessert/sweet that people had. I kept my lunch in a sealed bag, you can also staple a brown bag which can sometimes deter thieves.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #23  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
This is also common, people that can more than afford food. Must be entitlement/arrogance.
I sometimes think it is entitlement or maybe even "control" issues? I think some people are a-holes just because they want other people to be miserable. There is no rhyme or reason. They may even know what they do upsets people, but that's WHY they do it. These people need help.

I once a saw a kid walking down the 16th street mall in Denver past a bike rack, he had a blade and was just slashing tires of a line of bikes chained up. I confronted him and he just laughed, told me to call the cops, that the cops would take too long to show up AND that's if they showed up. He continued to just slash at tires. I took a picture with my phone, called the cops, and the kid was right. He was long gone (took his bloody time as well) before anyone showed up, and I don't think it was something the police even cared about. (Not surprising either, Denver Police are terrible).
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 320/305/180

Height: 5'10"

Back at my old job (and pre-diet days!) my best friend/coworker and I ordered a pizza, intending to share half one day, half the next. Well, by day two, someone had taken a bite out EVERY piece that was left... WHAT?? WHO DOES THAT??

Nasty. People are gross and rude sometimes.
Purrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #25  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Ok, I know how frustrating this is, but I just HAD to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xi7B3mkr0

It cracks me up!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #26  

eewww
reading about the "one bite bandits" really annoys me. who does that indeed?

i too had experienced losing food in a comunal fridge. the solution was to put it in a locked box, or brown bag & staple it. basically cover the food with a bag or box so it doesn't look appealing
lira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #27  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

back in high school, someone was getting into my lunches in my locker (old building, lockers didn't really lock).....I resorted to leaving my lunch in the girls locker room for awhile but then we solved the problem....mom put a heaping pile of horseradish on my regular sandwich....whoever stole it from my hall locker NEVER stole any of my food ever again

I also saw an advertisement for a lunch box that looks medical and reads "Human Organ for Transplant" lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a lot of sandwiches stolen at my first job. I had a penchant for spam salad sandwiches back then, but always it would be my sandwich missing whether it be that or pb&j, etc. So my mom made my lunch after hearing me complain for awhile and she told me to let it get stolen again. Then instructed me to place a note on the fridge after it was taken.

To the sandwich bandit-
I am so glad you have enjoyed my daughter's lunches that I make for her that I thought you really deserved yesterday's sandwich. It was made with canned cat food, onion, boiled eggs, celery, and mayo. Have you started meowing yet?

Touché
A concerned mother

No more lunches messed with ever.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #29  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrl View Post
Back at my old job (and pre-diet days!) my best friend/coworker and I ordered a pizza, intending to share half one day, half the next. Well, by day two, someone had taken a bite out EVERY piece that was left... WHAT?? WHO DOES THAT??

Nasty. People are gross and rude sometimes.
That is gross. If I had to leave a pizza at work overnight I think I'd duct tape the box closed. Otherwise I'd have visions of someone licking the pizza and putting it back for me to have the next day. Ewwww
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #30  

We have an opposite problem at work ... people put food in the refrigerator and never take it out again. Every once in awhile, I have to instruct the maintenance guy to throw everything out, after I send an e-mail to the entire firm to either label their food or take it out of the fridge. Anything not labeled with a current date goes.
Cherry Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote