General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #1  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Default How often do you pee? What's normal?

I'm terribly embarrassed to post on this topic but I've begun to wonder if I'm a freak of nature or something. I pee so frequently that co-workers at both my jobs have commented on it (mostly jokingly, one in concern).

I pee about once an hour. I DO drink a lot of water....about 80-96 ounces every day. Not really because I'm dying of thirst or anything but because water is healthy, right? And I don't drink much besides water, maybe coffee in the morning and/or a diet soda in the afternoon. Also, when I pee, it's a good amount. It's not like I have an urge to go but nothing really happens.

Seriously, is there something wrong with me? Do I just have a tiny bladder or something?

What's normal for you?
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I always think of myself as having a weak bladder. I never seem to be able to go as long as others without using the restroom! That said, I go about once an hour during the work day on days where I drink a total of 1 gallon of water. Less when I drink less, but probably at least once every two hours.

I asked my doctor about it once, because sometimes it can be REALLY annoying. She told me she could put me on a pill for the rest of my life but that's about it. No, thanks.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I drink alot of water and I pee quite often, also. Just like you. And I'm proud of it. I feel like a Pee Superhero.

I've actually had to start weaning off my water at night as bedtime approaches, otherwise my bladder keeps waking me every 1.5 hours or so.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #4  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

there could be lots of things:
#1 rule for me: not to drink fast. If i drink more than 5 sips at a time, its a guarantee trip to the bathroom really soon. So try to sip 2 sips at a time every 10-15 mins.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

You could ask your doctor. Perhaps it's something like overactive bladder. I drink quite a lot of water and I am more than able to avoid the bathroom for more than an hour.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

If I drank 80-96oz of water per day I'd be living in the bathroom. I'd say once an hour is normal if you're drinking that much water. I need to drink more for sure.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I drink a lot of beer. Which means I pee a lot. It's a great diuretic.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #8  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Oh, what a relief! I'm so glad others are like me. Hooray for all the Pee Superheros.

I don't think it's overactive bladder. I mean, it's not like I just think I have to go. It really is full.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Hmm, try holding for two and if that is problem I consult your doctor. I pee about once an hour but I drink a lot of water and I worry about needing to pee during run and then circuits which takes about two and since I am outside don't want pee so I like to get out as much as possible. But i could hold it if I needed to, you should be able to hold it for a least two hours unless you're drinking alcohol.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

If you drink that much water, seems about right to me! It's really a nuisance, but I don't feel right anymore if I miss my 2 liters. I down the first liter right after I get up, and the rest early in the day. Even so, I often get up to pee in the middle of the night. Fyi, I've read that coffee is an irritant so that might account for some feelings of urgency over and above the amount of fluid consumed. This is an issue for me to consider!

Here's some info I just found: Normal adult bladder capacity is 400-550 mL. A female bladder experiences a first desire to void at a volume of approximately 150 to 250 mL, a normal desire to void at 300 to 400 mL, and a strong desire to void at 400 to 600 mL.

http://www.womenshealthsection.com/c...=4&lng=english

Also: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...le/003146.htm:
An excessive volume of urination for an adult is more than 2.5 liters of urine per day. However, this can vary depending on how much water you drink and what your total body water is.

Last edited by mars735; 07-16-2014 at 10:51 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #11  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLib View Post
Hmm, try holding for two and if that is problem I consult your doctor. I pee about once an hour but I drink a lot of water and I worry about needing to pee during run and then circuits which takes about two and since I am outside don't want pee so I like to get out as much as possible. But i could hold it if I needed to, you should be able to hold it for a least two hours unless you're drinking alcohol.
I feel like that's just asking for a UTI. I would never recommend holding it if you feel like you have to go!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #12  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Once an hour for 64 to 128 oz of daily water consumption is normal. Even faster for a few hours after a caffeinated beverage.

I consume anywhere from a half gallon to a gallon and a half plus of water a day. If I'm appropriately hydrated then I have to hit the bathroom about 45 minutes after I drink a significant quantity of water (16 or more oz).
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #13  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Apparently holding it for a bit is good exercise for our lady muscles?
In the afternoon, I start to go often, depending on whether it's water or coffee I'm drinking.

Speaking of UTIs, a symptom of them is feeling the need to urinate frequently, but not actually having much of it. I think it's good you're just getting to know your body.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #14  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
Apparently holding it for a bit is good exercise for our lady muscles?
In the afternoon, I start to go often, depending on whether it's water or coffee I'm drinking.

Speaking of UTIs, a symptom of them is feeling the need to urinate frequently, but not actually having much of it. I think it's good you're just getting to know your body.
I've never heard that, seems like a recipe to end up with wet pants if you have to sneeze unexpectedly, though

Now stopping your urine and restarting repeatedly during a pee is a good way to strengthen the muscles down there, particularly if you can't figure out how to do a kegel or what it's supposed to feel like.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

If you can't make it to two hours that is a problem. And you should be able to tell when your bladder is full vs. when you have to just tinkle a bit. People with over active bladders can't really do that. They tend to want to pee even if not very much comes out. Apparently drinking a lot of water should equal two cups of pee every two hours or something like that. I personally I pee very often but I could hold if I wanted to and I can tell that my bladder isn't full. If you can't do that it's problem, in my opinion!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote