General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #1  

Default Question for people with nuts allergies/ where to find nut free cookies?

We are having a party next week and one person going has a nuts allergy. I am going to be offering a cookie platter and will just go with nut free cookies. However the local store said they cannot guarantee their cookie are nuts free. They are made in the same plant as the cookie with nuts.

Do any of you know a brand of cookie that is nut free? I'm not going to be baking them at home. I don't have the time to do that before the party.

Thanks!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

http://snacksafely.com/snacklist.pdf Here is a list I found online. If nothing here catches your eye, maybe take a look for a nut free bakeshop in your general area.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #3  

Thank you. I will check it out!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

You could ask your guest with allergies to provide nut-free cookies...or at least ask what bakery/brand they suggest. It may sound tacky but it's really not. My nephew has a severe nut allergy and pretty much always takes his own food to a party. A person with allergies prefers to be safe than to be flailing on the ground gasping for breath.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

A platter of Oreos would work.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote