3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

(Almost) Naked Selfies

Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #61
On a break with Baby #5

S/C/G: 257 /ticker/ 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
PatLib I guess I am being naive. My FB is very small, I trust my friends would never betray me. Kinda like in a real life.... No I don't have 800 friends, only people who are part of my life and I feel would never betray me and my privacy.
Not naive, it is great to have intimate friends you can trust. I have the same mindset in dealing with people online in the same way I'd do so in person, and not saying anything I wouldn't be comfortable saying to my grandmother. Websites aren't secure, so being my own best filter and dealing carefully and forthrightly online and elsewhere is the very best bet.

Having trustworthy friends whom you confide in, even electronically, is excellent. But even then very sensitive data is still best done in a format like iMessage (fully encrypted throughout the transmission and never stored anywhere but locally on the devices sending and receiving) or over the phone/in person. Typed or otherwise recorded transmission of that data is dicey as a rule

Weight loss since Oct 2008:
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerina11 View Post
facebook is a pretty wide audience for that sort of thing.

i know lots of people who invest a huge amount of time and thought into weight training and dieting to shape their bodies how they want, and they are proud and show it off at a website dedicated to that sort of thing. i see it as a source of pride in a hobby, not as a sign of insecurity.

of course, it all depends on how you do it.
I think so too, I see that a lot on instagram.
I don't know if it is insecurity really or just showing off, but its definetly a lack of attention to me.
jerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #63
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
i don't think it's ABOUT whether the gal in question is hot or is not hot, poses in a bikini or nearly naked in underwear, whether she's fat, skinny, or otherwise, whether she's insecure or full of herself. It's the endless ad nauseum of self promotion that is (specifically) "selfies" that most if not all would get really tired of seeing every single day. Enough already!
I know I went off on a tangent about underwear vs. bathing suits, but anyway, I completely agree with this.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
My Fitness Tumblr - Fasting for Fitness
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #64

Height: 5'3.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I know I went off on a tangent about underwear vs. bathing suits, but anyway, I completely agree with this.
I can see why it can be annoying, but they can also do as they please - its not harmful to anyone either, so I just remove those people from FB or delete altogether and the people who do like to see those pics can keep them on their Friend's list/FB feed. Easy!

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #65
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
I can see why it can be annoying, but they can also do as they please - its not harmful to anyone either, so I just remove those people from FB or delete altogether and the people who do like to see those pics can keep them on their Friend's list/FB feed. Easy!
Absolutely, that's what I do (I love the option to remove people from your news feed without deleting them as a friend!). But I can still whine :P

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
My Fitness Tumblr - Fasting for Fitness
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #66
On my way to -77!

S/C/G: 209/168.6/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

To me it might be a mixture of both. She's smart enough to know her body is pretty, but she's emotionally insecure and needs the validation.

Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #67
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155/138/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
It seems to me that the more you have to loudly proclaim or "prove" that you have something, the more you don't.
^This.

novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #68
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Arctic Mama originally posted Not naive, it is great to have intimate friends you can trust. I have the same mindset in dealing with people online in the same way I'd do so in person, and not saying anything I wouldn't be comfortable saying to my grandmother. Websites aren't secure, so being my own best filter and dealing carefully and forthrightly online and elsewhere is the very best bet.
Well said, Arctic Mama, I deal with email and web servers everyday as part of my job. I tell everyone not to post or email anything that they would not want in the local paper.

I will take it a step further. After having had to help settle the estates of some family members, do not have pictures or objects that you would not want your grandmother, mother, sister, child, or grandchild to find. Also, don't commit anything to paper that you would not want someone to read. After you are gone, someone is going to find that diary and read it!

Persistence is more important than Perfection

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #69
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

time2lose I still stand by my opinion; if I had a body to die for, I would not care who were to see it now or in the future. -- Beauty fades, it would be nice to let the future generations know that mom/grandma/great granny was H-O-T

If I was so lucky as to have an enviable bod, and display it; I guess I am also lucky that I 1) don't work 2) My mom nor grandma knows how to use a "puter".

But I do get your point, though. Yes, we should absolutely watch what we say and do online. - But hot images of oneself should not be anybody's business..... it is not like that she is selling p0rn

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 05-06-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.