General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazeGypsy View Post
This... sigh. How did I not see that coming? I work out 5 times a week, have lost tons of weight, and am also proud of my body. I DON'T need to show it off all the time to feel good aboit myself. I have a man who loves me the way I am and friends who are proud of me for sticking with it like I have. And my health has improved dramatically.

I said in my post thay the pics she posts dont even bother me. I thoight on a WEIGHT LOSS forum this would be a good topic to post aboit. But of course someone has to accuse me of being jealous and make me feel bad for posting aboit it. Wow... ( now watch, this response will be used against me as more evidence of my supposed jealousy.)

Thanks to everyone else who replied with your opinions. To people who think I am jealous. That is total b.s..
That was just one lil comment from Sum38 and just a tease! Isn't it by this over-posting pic logic a sign of insecurity to over-respond to one line? haha

Anyways, hard to say. I have bum pics in my siggie, I worked hard for it since I suffered a lot of weight loss skin sag in that area and I'm comfortable with posting it and opening myself up to criticism. Since that's the price of posting on the internet, I'd say for someone who posts with non-anonymously on FB that it could be just her liking compliments as well as being confident (maybe arrogant too who knows). Or it could be a sign of insecurity - its really hard to say, but it is possible to like getting tons of validation while being confident, in my experience. Annoying to be around at times, but isn't necessarily a defining factor in determining if a person is insecure or not.

Last edited by pixelllate; 04-29-2014 at 02:47 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
ReillyJ Nice thing about FB, if you don't like somebody and their posts, there is a remove friend button.

I find it distasteful to be publicly shaming someone. If posting pictures of herself makes her happy, think OP should let her be. But airing out on a public forum like this is un-excusable and bad taste.
To each his own, you're entitled to your opinion as i am, mine. Now if the OP had provided a link to said person or called her by name, that would be an entirely different matter-even though we do it to celebs all of the time.

My opinion is it's a society in decline that feels they need to post pictures of themselves almost naked, REPEATEDLY.
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, ReillyJ -- And one does not always have agree with everyone. The beauty of this forum! The OP said to discuss... and that I did I made my opinion know. If people don't like my opinions, there is a beautiful little button called "ignore" and that person never has to see my posts ever again.

Just to reiterate; I say more power to the FB poster IMHO. Congrats on achieving a perfect body. If I could achieve such an accomplishment, I would be so proud and flaunt it, but at the advantage age of 47, such thing in unattainable. But if by some miracle I did; yes there would be a TON of bikini pictures to go about. Maybe not underwear ones. -- Heck, someone calling someone else for having the perfect body is enviable itself. -- But at the same time, I would expect my friends on FB to keep it to themselves and not to share it on internet.

That being said... Congrats on OP for being happy in her skin as well. I wish I could say the same

Last edited by Sum38; 04-29-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #19  
Warrior

S/C/G: 252/216/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Just wondered...not accusing. There is a difference, but based on your response, I think I was right.
Lol, oh yes. And i already predicted that's exactly what you would say. maybe deep down its you who is jealous of people like me, since I have worked hard and gotten myself in shape, and I am guessing you haven't. (Just a hunch.)

I am not going to waste any more precious time and energy dealing with someone who just wants to fling accusations in my face.

And since you are so CLEARLY out to get a rise out of me, I'm going to go put you on my ignore list now, and you can go grow up. Have a nice day now dear. Lmao

Last edited by DazeGypsy; 04-29-2014 at 03:28 PM.
DazeGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #20  

Quote:
Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, ReillyJ -- And one does not always have agree with everyone. The beauty of this forum! The OP said to discuss... and that I did I made my opinion know. If people don't like my opinions, there is a beautiful little button called "ignore" and that person never has to see my posts ever again.
No worries, Sum38... it would take A LOT for me to hit the ignore button!!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #21  
Fat to Fab and Fit

pixelllate A great post! And I am guilty of over posting -- But I usually stay in my own little area and don't venture out Now I need to decide if I am being insecure -- I just love the friends I have made here too much, so I say, nah!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #22  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'd be inclined to agree that the person OP is talking about is probably fishing for compliments. Perfect bod or otherwise, pretty good chance that shes just seeking validation.

Selfie addiction = mental illness

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...ental-illness/
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post

Anyways, hard to say. I have bum pics in my siggie, I worked hard for it since I suffered a lot of weight loss skin sag in that area and I'm comfortable with posting it and opening myself up to criticism.

Nahhhh, there's nothing wrong w/those pics, it's not like you're posting them multiple times a day, every single day..admit it, that would get really old to fellow FB "friends".

What i want to know (at the risk of hijacking the thread, maybe you could make a separate post) is how you got it? I too have a saggy bum from years of inactivity where i used to have a bubble butt so to speak. Don't say squats because i can't do them!!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #24  
Fat to Fab and Fit

OMG, pixelllate, after ReillyJ's post I clicked on your name. That derrière is out of this world! I am GREEN with envy! How did you do it??
Old 04-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #25  
Warrior

S/C/G: 252/216/160

Height: 5'7"

And to whoever it was who accused me of publicly shaming someone, you can grow up to. This is not my facebook page. This is a FORUM not associated with my page. And this is a DISCUSSION about a topic not a shaming session. Wow... didnt know this would be so controversial.
DazeGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #26  

Quote:
OMG, pixelllate, after ReillyJ's post I clicked on your name. That derrière is out of this world! I am GREEN with envy! How did you do it??
Gosh Sum38 and ReillyJ!! Thanks so much!!!! It was so saggy that I lost hope because it was worse than the "before" pics of butt workout pics, and I HATE squats. I tried doing those and lunges and I was so angry for the rest of the day - it wasn't worth it. I do deadlifts 2x a week (Planet Fitness only lets me go up to 60 lbs though...) For 1 day a week, I do weighted glute bridges (15 lbs) and Quadruped Hip Extensions.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #27  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Well you are not saggy any more! You lost 73 pounds? WOW, double WOW, WOW! You have zero loose skin, that is awesome!! That butt could belong to a model.

My hubby is all about lifting...just wait once he hears about this; deadlifts! He is going to have me doing them -- I hate the gym, but if that is the result, I am GAME! -- My butt hangs down to my knees, wonder if there is any hope for it?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #28  

In my opinion, I can see why frequent posting like that - due to insecurity or not can be annoying. I just end up removing them from FB feed if I get tired of the same old same old posts (same with people who only post the same types of posts - clogs up the feed with stuff I don't want to see!). I'm only skeptical about that being a sign of insecurity because I know some people who do that because they are insecure and others who don't - they post like that and they are comfortable with themselves.

However, many of us are insecure and I know for me at least, I'm too insecure to even admit my degree of insecurity about a lot of things - physical, mental etc. As long as we are still nice people at the end of the day, that's what matters most. Maybe that person on your FB is insecure - if she isn't, that's great, if she is, then I hope that like all of us, she grows to be less insecure over time.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #29  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just to jump in here...

I think a lot can be read from the tone of the person. I have people on FB where they might show something like that and it would be just to update their status - losing weight, getting fitter, new haircut, etc. I totally take it as posted as I know that person and I could see it was genuine.

Then there are people who you can see a different tone. You can't really pinpoint it, but something is "off". if that person were posting frequent shots of their body... I might read it differently.

And maybe that's my own insecurities who knows.

With that said, at 44, I can hardly imagine ANYONE on my FB feed posting photos of themselves in their underwear only - period. I would think they were hacked!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Yes, this is a discussion, which means you're going to get all sorts of opinion

If you're going to speculate about a person's motives (insecurity), you should in fairness, expect others to speculate about yours.

That's not controversy, that's fair play.

I've earned my bachelor's and master's degree in cognitive-behavioral and developmental psychology, respectively. I've worked in addiction and law-enforcement and both in educational and professional settings, we're taught not to make arm-chair diagnoses of people's behavior.

People's motivations are extremely complicated, and you can't judge self-esteem, insecurity, jealousy or other complex emotions based on casual observation.

It is as likely that you are jealous as the the woman you're talking about is insecure.

I wouldn't place a money bet on either, because I'd need to know a lot about you both to speculate on either.

I would though ask, why do you care? So what if she is insecure? (It's possible), but she also could be well-adjusted. She also could be proud and confident - or maybe she just wasn't raised with nudity taboos.

I was raised in a family that has never considered nudity a big deal, especially partial nudity.

I do think a lot of people overshare on facebook, but that doesn't necessarily mean the people who share more information on facebook are any different mentally and emotionally from those of us who share less.

Every single post on facebook or here on 3FC or any form of communication online or in person can be construed as attention-seeking, but not all attention-seeking is based on insecurity (or if it is, its the type of insecurity we all share).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote