Scared for 2nd part of journey?

• So once I reached my half way goal these are my fears so far;

*When it gets harder to lose weight, what if I can't do it?

*What if one day I'll snap and just give up?

*What if I gain it all back?

*What if I'm not meant to lose weight, therefore I don't reach my goal? (That's the dumbest)

*What's it going to be like to be thin? (I'm SCARED of this, I've NEVER been thin, but my curiosity to see how the other half lives sort of over writes the fear)

The first part of my journey seems like a blur, didn't seem like it was impossible to do, actually it was easier than I thought but please tell me these are all unreasonable and I'm just afraid because I'm changing?
  • You will try harder if it gets harder.

You won't. Don't let yourself think this is an option.

Ditto.

Nonsense, you can and you will.

You'll find out, and you'll enjoy finding out!
  • As someone finishing up the second half of their journey, I'll give you my experience (and I was morbidly obese since puberty; every time I lose a little weight, I see the lowest number I have ever seen.)

*When it gets harder to lose weight, what if I can't do it?
    You might take a break. That will be fine. You might reassess your goals and be okay with where you end up. If you want to keep losing, just keep going - the time will pass anyway. It it much harder to lose weight now, so I struggled and stayed the same for awhile and then recommitted to what worked best in the past. Any loss or maintenance is a victory.

*What if one day I'll snap and just give up?
    If you feel like that might happen, give yourself a break and go into maintenance. Don't undo all your hard work, you'll just make more work for yourself. But, if you do, that's okay too. A lot of people gain some back and have to lose it again. You can do it.

*What if I gain it all back?
    This won't happen overnight. I have to tell myself this all the time. Make life style changes, do not diet. Do what is sustainable for you.

*What if I'm not meant to lose weight, therefore I don't reach my goal? (That's the dumbest)
    That is the dumbest - you've already lost 67. I didn't even set a goal for myself lower than 200 because I never thought I'd see it. Then I thought 180 would be insane. But I passed that too. You can go all the way.

*What's it going to be like to be thin?
    For me, I don't feel thin. It's the same me that grew up always the biggest woman in the room. Actually, right now, because all of me is normal sized but my fat is concentrated in my stomach (and thighs, to a less extent) I feel like I look pregnant. My husband tells me I have body dismorphia and I am skinny and look like other women of a normal weight. My stomach doesn't really pooch out my shirts or anything too bad, but because the rest of me is so small, I personally notice it. It will never be flat, because there is a small amount of loose skin there, but I want it to be smaller.

I can run easier. I can find clothes that are comfortable and affordable anywhere I want (but since I have been wearing Torrid since high school, I struggle with what to wear). I fit in all seats and am never uncomfortable like I was before. I can be out in the heat and not feel like I'm dying. I feel like I can go anywhere and do anything because all of those things are designed for "normal" weight women. So it's pretty awesome.
  • I will be strong and carry onto the end now, thanks guys <3