General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #1  

Default Feeling guilty about SO

Has anybody else noticed that they tend to project their own feelings onto their SO? I have never said anything to him, and never will, however I can't seem to stop certain thoughts that run through my head . My current boyfriend is 60, a bit overweight, rough around the edges from working on cars his entire life, and Hispanic. I, on the other hand, am 27, overweight, natural blonde haired, blue eyed, white girl. AKA night and day. I ADORE this man and never thought that we would have the bond or the relationship that we do. It's just sometimes I can't help but wonder if people are judging me and thinking that this is the only "kind" of man I could get. It's not true by any means. I have dated all colors, body types, and ages. If I were thin, people would likely just think that I was after a sugar daddy. I am very good about hiding my body insecurities and coming off as confident on the outside. Just sometimes the inside eats and me and I am feeling so guilty for letting that project (mentally) on this wonderful man that I love.
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

"What other people think of you is none of your business"...I love that quote!

I think you said it yourself, you realize you are projecting your own insecurities onto other people...I'm not sure what advice to give on working that out except perhaps replacing that head-talk with something more positive each time it occurs...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote