General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Thumbs down OUCH! WRIST PAINS! Horrible and constant.

I need help here, folks.
I bought a bottle of harpic y'day and I guess I strained my wrist too much trying to open it.

I've experienced this type of thing before, it normally lasts a few days and then leave.

This time, I'm extremely worried because the pain doesn't seem like it's reducing, and my sister has been having this as problem for about 3 years now and it's not getting better...only worsening day after day...

The pain is horrible and I can hardly touch anything or make any movement with my hand!

I seriously don't wanna wait until it becomes too serious or permanent like in my sister's case.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a remedy!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't have a remedy but I can tell you what I would do.

First I would book an appointment with an osteopath. If you've never heard of one before then this is the time to do so. They are medical doctors who do extensive work with muscular-skeletal problems. They use a very gentle type of manipulation to help reduce inflammation (kind of like a chiropractor but actual doctors and it doesn't hurt or crack or anything creepy like that).

Secondly, if your wrists are weak the osteopath may and should suggest physical therapy to increase your strength. If your sister suffers from this too it may be a genetic thing that needs attention.

Anyway, that's what I would do. I've had a few injuries (pelvic, and wrist) and I went to an osteopath and now my osteopath is my primary care doctor, I go to her for everything even a common cold. My wrist/thumb pains were taken care of quite easily and I have not had a problem since. I was disabled for 3 months from it. I do take precautious care of my wrists/hands now, like I avoid carrying heavy things, even opening heavy doors if I don't have to, I ask people to open doors for me. I don't lift my son unless it's absolutely necessary and I avoid putting pressure on my wrists by doing yoga etc. I'm a musician, my hands are my livelihood so I'm super serious about their longevity.

Last edited by Palestrina; 04-10-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I have no advice at all, I just wanted to say I am very sorry for your pain. I kind of understand because I had carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists & had both of them done at the same time and it was the best thing I have EVER done. I'm not kidding, the difference is tremendous. I'm not sure what is going on with your wrists, but if you have a medical option, you may want to take it. I really feel for you and I hope you get some help soon.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

Height: 5'4"

I can only tell you what worked for me - I went through a series of physical therapy sessions and wore wrist supports for a while. The wrist supports eliminated the pain - until I took them off - and then the pain was back. As a last resort I went to an orthopedist, bit the bullet, and had the surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome. So far, so good.

Maybe your GP can write a Rx for physical therapy and you can see if that, along with a wrist support, can offer you some relief. Good luck.

Last edited by Chubbie Chick; 04-10-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote