General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #16  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Very true, doing my best.

I've also learned with specific people (like my aunt) that they are just pushing their own issues on me. I can step back from her and see what she's grappling with. That's why I say "I love it". She's upset that I'm succeeding at something, and while it doesn't make me a good person to have that level of schadenfreude, it reinforces for me that I am doing well.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #17  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Very true, doing my best.

I've also learned with specific people (like my aunt) that they are just pushing their own issues on me. I can step back from her and see what she's grappling with. That's why I say "I love it". She's upset that I'm succeeding at something, and while it doesn't make me a good person to have that level of schadenfreude, it reinforces for me that I am doing well.
A great perspective! I will keep it in mind always.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #18  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

I live for rewards! I get 10.00 for every week that is not a gain. Even if I stay the same I get reward. Because maintaining is just as tough as loosing. Then when I get a few weeks of rewards built up, I get myself something. A new top, comfy pants or flowers for garden. I'm soooo ready for a new pair of jeans but don't want to buy any until its a size smaller. Even though all my pants are loose it seems that I'm still not down a size
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Cool! I was searching for "diet rewards" and found this one started by my Optifast pal, nibog.

I go to a medical weight loss center and the doctor and other staff are very much in favor of rewards as long as they aren't food rewards of course.

I plan to reward myself with some smaller things for the smaller weight loss goals (see siggy) but I want something super special to mark my big goal so I better plan for it now. I've never been one to spend much on myself but it's high time I paid a little more attention to me.

My current thinking is to reward myself with something to keep me healthy such as a new bike or maybe some instruction from a personal trainer at our local fitness center.
... Still thinking on it.
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

The idea of saving up the money to reward yourself later is awesome! I never thought of that, but it's a great idea

But so is buying new things for exercise or dieting (like blenders or other accessories), because it's a new thing but it also makes you feel like you wanna keep going
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:02 AM   #21  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

When I hit smaller mini goals, for weight, every 10 pounds I get a new book. For the bigger ones, I get bigger rewards... I got a new pair of shoes for getting under 300.

For fitness goals... I get fitness stuff. When I was able to complete a loop around the community (about 3/4 mile) with ease, I got a FitBit.

Once we move and settle I'll be adding bicycle, running shoes, elliptical, and kettlebells to my rewards list
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/168.8

Height: 5ft 2in

If I've been good during the week I'll treat myself to a cheat meal at the weekend. And for every 10lbs lost I'm going to buy myself something nice like clothes or a book or something.
aryastark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #23  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

It's funny but the little rewards do give you that extra bounce in your step for a couple days
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I have a reward system for when I reach certain milestones or goals. It is wonderful to celebrate accomplishments.

For reaching my first weight goal, my reward was a high-end pair of running shoes. I am also toying with some fitness milestone goals and rewards.

We all need a little pat on the back sometimes!
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #25  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Funnily enough, it's food.

I enjoy eating breakfast after my run. And I really enjoy my lunch after my weight training. It tastes so good. And it's healthy too.

When I was big, I never used to enjoy eating as much as I do now.

So I have gone from breaking my relationship with food to starting a new one. But really it's been about breaking my relationship with my old food and starting a new relationship with new food.

Last edited by IanG; 07-30-2014 at 04:00 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #26  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

I haven't done much in the way of rewards yet. I bought some new clothes in the spring when my old ones were too big, but I'm not much of a shopper or into clothes so that was more of a necessity. The best part of the shopping trip was looking in the mirror and not seeing a flubby spare tire around my middle staring back at me.

I don't have a specific weight goal in mind and if I never lost another pound I would be very happy where I am now. I'm in the healthy BMI range and refuse to mentally torture myself over a few vanity pounds.

I do plan to reward myself for staying committed to this thing for a year though. Never been skydiving and have always wanted to try it so... What better way to celebrate a year of commitment to better health than to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:57 AM   #27  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

WOW! I could never jump out of a plane and I envy your guts! I am too much of a chicken and a jinx....I would be that % that you hear horror stories about....
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #28  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

I can totally understand not having the desire to do it, nibog! I just couldn't come up with anything else I was really excited about doing to celebrate my 1 year weight loss anniversary.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 222.6/212.8

Height: 5ft 4

I'm not actually putting money aside for a new wardrobe as such...my motivation is knowing I'll be able to go shopping and look and feel great in clothes that I wouldn't get away with wearing at the moment.
totalreject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I know your're not supposed to reward yourself with food, but when I was still working, my lunch buddies used to order pizza every Friday. I made a rule that I could order pizza if I had lost 5 lbs since the last time. Then no more pizza until I lost another 5. That worked for me, and I kept that weight off for 10 years. Unfortunately, I got married and my lifestyle changed and here I am again. Now I CAN'T eat pizza because I'm diabetic.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote