General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default My husband is an @#$%, and that's why I love him

On the surface, my husband is an @#$%. He's blunt, gruff, stubborn, opinionated and wouldn't recognize tact or a subtle emotion if it bit him in the @#$%.

He's also loyal, generous, funny, and sentimental in surprising ways and often to a fault. He would literally give the shirt off his back or our last dollar to a friend in need.

He'll do anything I ask (but stubbornly will often wait for me to ask). He's the one more likely to remember a birthday or anniversary. I'm the forgetful one.

Today, he did something (or rather, didn't do something) to p@#$ me off today and I thought "What an @#$%!"

It's pms week for me, so to be fair, it doesn't take much to p@#$ me off. Instead of yelling at him, I decided to write about my anger. I thought about all his mistakes and faults, but overshadowing it all was the fact that he has not only stood by me and with me throughout my illness and disability, he was also sole breadwinner and caregiver when I couldn't take care of myself, even through his own severe daily pain (as his own body fell apart as a result of a genetic disorder that would soon disable him).

He wasn't always patient, he sometimes complained, but he never blamed me for my lethargy and inertia, even as I blamed myself (for which he would scold me).

My husband is like a brindled pitbull I once knew. Huge, fierce looking, and totally intimidating until you looked at him and called his name, then he'd flop on his back and melt into a wriggling ball of love jello.

I'm not sure my husband would appreciate the comparison, but you can't stay mad at love jello, even if it is anchovy and pickle flavored.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Awwww. This made me smile. Happy Valentine's day to you and your hubby.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Kaplods, that was lovely. I have been with my @##$%* for 24 years now, and can't imagine being with anyone else. (Alone, yes, occasionally!) Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

perfect
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Kaplods, that was lovely. I have been with my @##$%* for 24 years now, and can't imagine being with anyone else. (Alone, yes, occasionally!) Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!
ROFLMAO "Alone, yes"

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your @#$%, too.

Every now and again (and almost always on our anniversary and Valentine's Day and I'll ask it back) my husband will look at me with those sad, pitbull eyes and ask, "Are you sick of me yet?"

And when I respond, "not yet. How about you, are you sick of me yet?" little does he know that a truer answer would often be, "almost." Then again, that might be his truer answer sometimes too (in fact, I know it is).

A little over a year ago, I spent a month with my family in Illinois. It was supposed to be a 2 week trip that I extended to three, and then to four (but the fourth was a result of catching a bad flu). I loved and hated the time away.

When I was single, I loved living alone so much that I used to tell folks that my ideal marriage would have to include a his-and-hers duplex. Sometimes that still sounds heavenly, but while I often enjoy a wall between us, and occasionally a state; he's never far from my heart.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya, Kaplods! We have often told people that by DH and I taking each other off the market, we prevented at least two bad marriages.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I've been married to that guy, since 1977. But, he's also been married to me!

People ask us how we do it.

We laugh and say, neither one of us will move out!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #8  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

This is a truly wonderful post! I could have written this post about my husband. Love is awesome! :-)
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote