General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

@Mary: Sorry don't wanna hijack your post either, but replied to elvislover234. FYI Mary... I'm an awkward turtle to boot. I've NEVER had a boyfriend or been on a date before. So this is coming from a totally ill-equipped individual. You are in better shape than you give yourself credit for.

Confidence was key. Not apologizing for who you are, being yourself (genuinely yourself), and not investing all your hopes in this one date just puts yourself at ease. I'm no dating expert at all, but doing these things helped me get through it.

@elvislover324: Awww thanks! ^^; Second date was a blast. We met up for Indian food, and he point blank told me that he really liked me and that there was a real interest there. Which was exhilarating to hear because I felt the same (although too damn shy to say it, so glad he said it first). Date ended with a smooch at the corner of my mouth... I am wondering if I totally missed *smacks forehead* hahaha, but then he very cutely kinda skipped to his car so I kinda let my inner 13 year old SQUEE like mad in my car.

All this to say, I'm so glad I took the chance. Even if this relationship doesn't go anywhere, or we fizzle out eventually I'm glad that I have the experience to put myself out there again (if need be). It's exhilarating and even more motivating to get myself where I want to be physically. Don't let yourself be your own worst enemy. You deserve to be happy, and yes there is always some risk involved, but nothing good will ever happen to you if you don't take the risk! /end hijack
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote