Fun things to do on Valentines.. and GO!

• My Boyfriend and I have really been enjoying physical activities on the weekends. I am trying really hard to find something fun for us to do on Valentines... I don't want a fancy dinner and movie.. I want to do new things!

We've been bowling and played laser tag the last couple of weekends and I am not quite in shape enough for the trampoline place.. I really can't decide what to do. lol I'm thinking about looking into a rock climbing venue.

Any thoughts or ideas? We live in Nashville, TN btw.
  • I was going to suggest snow tubing, but I doubt you have any places around there. Once in a long while, hubby and I also take a sleigh-ride, but that also obviously requires a lot of snow.

How about some trail riding on horseback?

You might be able to find some sort of themed hike... you have to search these out; they are typically free and educational and offered by different groups. I've been on one that was led by a mycologist that found edible mushrooms, one that counted frogs, one that toured an esker, one that identified wild edible plants, one that identified signs of local wildlife, and one for birdwatching. Might have better luck finding more of these in the summer.

I haven't tried it yet, but I heard of a place where you can "fly" indoors in a special suit inside a tube with a big fan.

There's furniture store near us that offers one-shot trapeze lessons(!).

If the weather is nice enough, you might have places near you that offer zipliniing. Or if you're really up for a thrill, bungee jumping?

Another active thing some people enjoy is LARPing (dressing up, playing a character in a live action D&D-style activity... don't know if you have any near you and they are usually scheduled)

I'd love to hear any ideas other people have...
  • A bike ride with a picnic!
  • Fun destinations:

- Jumpology trampoline park
    - Dave & Buster's
    - Ice skating rink
  • Are there any indoor mini golf locations in your area?
  • Roller skating, roller-blading rinks too...

I've never been able to ice skate, but I was surprised how not-totally-incapable I was of roller blading at a rink after a few tries.