3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

What can I do to help my ankles/joints?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #16
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Just a question... Do you feel even colder once you have completed your exercise? People with fibromyalgia have a problem with the energy systems in the mitochondria and their core body temperature actually DROPS instead of raising after exercise as normal. That's what I hate the most I think, usually if you are chilly you just jump around a bit and get moving more and you warm up, but not me... I have to plan out my extra clothing and hot drinks available for after I work out especially if it's skiing or snowshoeing. Hope you can figure it all out. If you do get your thyroid tested... remember that a low normal is still considered 'normal' but may be too low for your 'normal.' (Hope that made sense )
Wow yes I do!...I've never heard of such a thing before!...When I work out HARD, running etc, cardio, working up a full blown sweat, about a half hour after I'm done, I get SUPER COLD...Even after a hot shower and clean, dry clothes on, I get so cold that my fingers ache...Weight training doesn't affect me like this and might be because, no matter how heavy the weights are, I'm not working up such a sweat as when I run.

Also I sometimes have gotten major full-body allergic reactions while running and no one, not even a doctor, can pinpoint why...Huge hives all over my body, foggy head, can't think clearly, asthma, swollen throat...the whole works...and I was prescribed an epipen to carry because no one could figure out why that was happening. And it ONLY HAPPENS while I'm doing a hard run and even then, only a few times...Weird
Old 02-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #17
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
You should get your bones pain properly diagnosed. X-rays usually are good enough for that. And then you can start getting proper treatment.

I remember long ago learning about a couple of things that were said to help people with arthritis. Lemon juice and Vitamin D. And also give up meat and alcohol. I don't know how credible this is, but its something i would try myself.

You may know that gout, a form of arthritis, is aggravated by high protein and alcohol. You are not doing the IP diet are you? If so, you better get of it straight away.

As to the cold, it sure does sound like hypothyroid but if you've had the test, both tsp and t3 and t4, then you must be fine.

It could also be psychological, your experience of cold. This means that your experience is real but you interpretation of the facts is wrong. For many people with psychological issues with their health, its impossible to change it.

But if i were you and there was no actual physiological explanation for your experience, then i would take up with mindfulness meditation and practice. Although you can do this in a secular non=religious and medical way, there is a lot of extra insight and practical benefit to be gained from learning about the rest of the mindfulness meditation practice as taught in buddhism, particularly of the kind that comes from south east asia, called Theravada. I'm not kidding. I spent a few years focussed on this stuff and now i have learnt so many new ways of seeing the world and my experiences in it. I don't go for all the claptrap about rebirth. I just focus on what pertains to this world, now.
I'm not on the IP diet but I am trying to stay away from higher-carb food choices because I lose weight best that way and am/was prediabetic before I starting losing weight a few years ago. I aim for under 150 carbs a day and am now trying to aim for under 100 carbs a day

It's funny that you mention rebirth because I do indeed have memories of past lives....You know how you can remember clearly something that happened a few years ago, perhaps a special moment or event? I remember things like that too, except they happened several hundred years ago to me.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #18
Lifelong Alaskan!

i meant to post quite a bit ago but last saturday i went to the aquatic center and sat in the hot tub for about 2 hours...i took a couple short breaks when i felt overheated but really did sit there for two hours....it was amazing! it's the warmest i can remember being in a long time...i felt warm all the way to my bones...my husband said that i warmed up my core and, even after i left the hot tub and went back to cooler areas, i didn't feel as CHILLED as i always do...in fact, i haven't felt chilled to the bone in the few days since i went there and, when i am cold, i seem to warm up faster where it used to take me HOURS to get warm once i got cold

i'm not sure what i did...because my temperature still reads 96.6 consistently under the tongue....but i definitely feel warmer than i used to feel...weird!

has anyone else ever tried to warm themselves up like that?
Old 02-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #19

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i went to the aquatic center and sat in the hot tub for about 2 hours...i took a couple short breaks when i felt overheated but really did sit there for two hours....it was amazing! it's the warmest i can remember being in a long time...i felt warm all the way to my bones.

has anyone else ever tried to warm themselves up like that?
Haha, yes, A good hot tub is wonderful. I had to take breaks regularly to warm up in the hot tub when I was doing my Canadian Aquafitness Leaders Alliance training. The trick is to have a nice warm area to shower and change after or it doesn't seem to work very well to KEEP me warm. It might be nice to have one at your place but I know that's not a very cost effective option. I hope you get everything figured out... get the doc to do whatever blood tests to rule out all the other stuff and if nothing else is left, you may have FM. There are tests they can do but they are very invasive or costly ie. spinal puncture and testing of the CS fluid for elevated P cells and Magnetic Resonance Imaging of your brain to check the seratonin and dopamine systems issues. BTW, there is such a thing as exercise induced asthma, you might want to google it or check pubmed.gov for LEGIT info. on it.

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #20
Lifelong Alaskan!

yes i definitely have exercise induced asthma but taking an inhaler before i run has always helped manage that...it's also triggered by overeating in general and some odors, as well as cats
Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #21
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155/143/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I vote Arthritis.

novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #22

S/C/G: 260/155/155

Height: 5'6"

You said you weren't on thyroid, right? And your tests are normal according to them? Some of it sounds like hypothyroid.

I've been on Armour for years. In the middle or last 1/3 of losing my 100 lbs i started getting REALLLLY cold. I mean COLD. Everyone said that it was because i was no longer fat. I had also been having massive constant sheds with my hair. I didn't think it was because my macro's, etc. were out of line so i gradually upped my thyroid meds myself, carefully following how i felt energy wise, warmth, etc. I did warm up and am not that bone chilling CONSTANTLY cold anymore and especially after i added in iron and selenium, my hair FINALLY stopped falling out.

I find it interesting that i had to UP my dosage after losing all that body weight.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #23
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Given everything you've said, i just think the messaging systems in your body must be all out of whack. I don't know if there's any treatment for that sort of thing.

Last edited by Pattience : 02-22-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.