For anyone that has heard me talked about the struggles with hubby's weight...

• After 7 years of being more than 100 lbs over weight, sleep apnea, high BP and now borderline diabetic, hubby has had that "click" within himself to lose weight. He has never put forth an effort before, but something has changed and its wonderful!!

I think the perverbial (spelling?) straw was a party we went to hosted by a coworker of his. He was noticably the only obese man there. Many of the people there were doctors or nurses...not that there are overweight docs & nurses, but not in this crowd. I felt a little weird but not really because they knew I had just had a baby and that I wasnt this heavy before, plus I was the fat kids my whole life so I've reach a level of screw it with being the fat lady..lol, plus I dont work with these people...anyway hubby felt it..for the first time he felt uncomfortable. Not that I wish that on anyone, but I think it did it.

He has adopted the whole food approach with me and has detoxed from sugar. He has expressed he feels great, his cravings have subsided. He is exercising (treadmill) regularly and making a point to take steps to get healthy and lose weight. No pushing from me at all!! We go about our thing and weigh in on Wednesdays. As of today he has lost 19 pounds (we started Jan 1)

He looks great, and I tell him like 10x a day! I can just see that HE wants this...

I wanted to post this somewhere since I have posted over the years here about his weight and health problems and how he was ignoring it. I'm just so happy to see him want to do this
  • Thats awesome!!!! I hope he keeps up the amazing work!
  • That's great news! I'm glad he's changing things for himself and finally found his reason to do so. Woohoo!
  • Awesome! Fantastic news
  • That's great news!
  • Wow that's awesome, I know you'd been really frustrated with his lack of interest in healthcare. 19lbs is no joke, well done.
  • That is wonderful! Even though you did not push him, I am sure that you inspired him.
  • Thank you everyone! I am so happy for him. He told me the other say that he ordered lunch from the work cafeteria and that usually he ordered fries too (I didnt know this) but now he's ordering just a chicken sandwich (grilled). He also is making a point to eat breakfast every morning which I never thought I'd see...he has always been a breakfast on the road person. Which was fast food and sugar loaded coffees. I am just amazed at his dedication. And not only does he look like he's lost but actually this morning I noticed his pants look baggy. Told him time for new work pants!!

• After years of people who cared about me encouraging me to lose weight, with no long-term loss, I've realized that the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to do it for your own reasons. I'm glad your husband's made the choice!
  • It is very helpful to him that you were already on the road to being healthier. He didn't have to lobby for big changes at home. Good work both of you.