General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #1  

Default Hubby's treadmill time...

After almost 10 years of poor eating and no activity, hubby finally has the internal motivation to address his weight. I am so happy for him! He is already down almost 10 pounds, he is happy and excited about this change. He is eating healthy meals, including making a point to eat breakfast at home rather than the McGreasy sandwich and XXL coffee with extra sugar and cream, which is what he has been doing for years. He is doing some portion control and is not adding extra cheese/butter to healthy meals.
He is also using our treadmill, on his days off (3-4x weekly) for an hour, then weight lifting. I seriously cannot be more happy for him, and despite what I'm going to post I will in no way say anything to him because I don't want to rock the boat!!! I'm just venting here, that is all.

I typically do the treadmill in the morning-ish, maybe a little before lunch or after, but preferably morning. No matter when I use it, he consistently uses it right as I'm about to start dinner.

Let me explain that on days he works I do the slow cooker mostly, I plan dinners that I can do with 3 kids (one being a baby), dinners that do not require me to be in the kitchen long or that I can make earlier in the day during naptime and reheat later. It has been our routine that I make "nicer" dinners on nights that he's home because he is here mainly to tend to the baby if I'm tied up in the kitchen, lets face it, the 3 & 6 year old are good while I'm cooking.

Last night I made "spaghetti" (squash) and meatballs & sauce...the sauce & meatballs I make from scratch, and HAD I KNOWN that hubby was going to decide to disappear into the garage for treadmill time 5 mins after I started making dinner, I would have made dinner while baby was napping and just reheated it. But no..and he returned over an hour later, just as dinner was being served.

I can work around this, because on nights he works he is gone until like midnight, so I am very used to doing dinner early in the day/ around baby's naps...its just like he spends all day doing whatever, then gets out of watching the kids while I cook, then returns to eat. This happened tonight again, only we are doing build your own pizzas tonight, but I had chopping and such to start the sauce. So I ended up having a crying baby as I'm mid-prep..blah..

Is it the end of the world? No. Am I going to say anything. Heck no. I'm not sure how he doesn't realize what he's doing...oh well...I'm just glad he's moving towards being healthier.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote