3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

A diet blog

Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #16
Pattience

S/C/G: 80.2kg/68.8kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

What an awful day. Not because of anyone else's doing. Just mine. I had to work today and didn't make myself go to bed early so i was short of sleep for work this morning. And then being disorganised, i let myself run out of meds and it makes me dizzy and out of sorts. Somewhat like a hangover without the headache, but feeling at least that bad, mentally confused and just crap. At least they don't ask much of me at work.

Anyway food today so far:
breakfast:
my usual cornflakes breakfast.

Lunch:
I forgot to take lunch with me to work and got hungry just before 12. I don't finish until 1 but i raided the fridge (which we are allowed to do) and had myself two slices of white toast with margarine and promite. all better than nothing if less than ideal.

After i left work around 2, i was famished and new i wouldn't be getting home for a while yet. I had a doctors appt at 2.45 so i went to the supermarket and bought a seed roll, (couldn't be any browner if it tried) and 2 slices of jarlsberg cheese plus a 375gram tub of tabouleh made with quinoa.

On the way home i stopped in at a neighbours place and a little girl gave me a passionfruit which i ate on arriving home.

I really need to get some sleep now. My appetite is under control now but for a while there i was looking and feeling pretty shaky. Fantasies about gobbling down some crap food like lollies crossed my mind, but i avoided let them take hold.

One reason i feel really bad today is because i am almost certain now my drake wasn't stolen but eaten by a snake or other bush monster. I feel so guilty. And i've still got a few ducks running around loose that could be next on some one's dinner menu. I have no way to to lock them up. I think i should find a new home for them asap. I just feel so bad about this.

Dinner:

100g Spaghetti with 1/2 half San Remo tomato sauce and 1 larger mushroom sautéed in 2 tsp olive oil
Bowl of fruit salad:
1 banana
1/4 pomegranate
1 small peeled apple
1 passionfruit
half a lime squeezed. (just because we have a lot and they need to be used).

Last edited by Pattience : 01-16-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #17
Pattience

I think i found the number of calories i can eat with out losing weight. 1650. So i'm going to lower it now to 1550.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 AM   #18
Pattience

Today's food"

Breakfast rather late:
cornflakes as usual

Lunch:
Two wholegrain toast with a pointless tsp of butter
a decent slice of mozzarella cheese
tomato and lettuce

Dinner:
1/2 cup of french bean salad
1 medium carrot finely grated
2 small lumps of bocconcini cheese

100g spaghetti w 1/2 cup San Remo tomato pasta sauce.

Coffee all day.

I took the dog for a walk but it wasn't that far. Tomorrow i'm going away all day and overnight. I'm going to a theatre event and staying overnight with a friend. The main challenge is not to eat silly stuff. At least my friend is a healthy eater so there won't be any temptations at her place.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #19
Pattience

Away overnight tonight.

I've had my cornflakes and coffee for breakfast.

For lunch i've got a sandwich with butter and vegemite
46g - the last - of the hot smoked salmon
a bag of pears (4)

I plan to go to the sewing shop to buy a lot of threads and see if i can get a bobbin tool cause i stupidly put my tension out.
then i want to see movie. There are so many good movies on today.
tonight i'im staying over with a friend and we are going to see the Phantom of the Opera, a show. My choir teacher is in it and one of our choir members has the lead role.

I hope i've got enough food to avoid breaking down. I will probably have a coffee or two, and maybe a glass of wine when i'm out tonight.

I taken the dog over the road to stay and put out a big bowl of food for the cat. There's plenty of food in the duck tray which reminds me, i need to pick up some more.

I really must get going. I"m delaying.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #20
Pattience

Yesterday went well. And i didn't starve though there were a couple of moments that i wasn't sure about.

From my lunch, i ate all of it except 3 pairs. I didn't eat it all at once but at most of it in the car on the way to the shop. At the shop, that kept my mind successfully off food. I drove straight from there to my friends place, ok, via the petrol station and successfully ignore all the overpriced temptations in there.

At S's house, we more or less had to get ready straight away as we'd decided to go out for dinner. We went to a nice little japanese place and had a very minimal meal. We both ordered the medium sized sushi set which included a blow of miso soup, four pieces of seafood sushi, a little bit of fruit. I could have eaten more after that because it wasn't must at all but my friend said she was fine so i went along with her.

From there we went straight to the theatre where i think i had a coffee. At intermission i had a glass of delicious red wine - A cab shiraz.

At home we had tea and went to bed. I didn't feel hungry at all. I think most of my hunger is from boredom and general lack of self-restraint.

This morning, i woke up feeling fine but had a plate of muesli with milk. My friend is working night shifts so i left her to sleep in and left.

On the way home, i stopped in at a supermarket to buy some treats for my father who's birthday it is today. I thought he was staying with his partner who is sick with shingles. I had thought at first chocolates but decided against that on the spur of htemoment. I bought them a vanilla slice each, and some raw prawns for lunch and a cappuccino each. But when i got to their place they were out. SO i left it all on the doorstep. however, when i got home, i learnt that M was in hospital. So i phoned them and told dad to pick it all up on his way home.

I am just pleased that I managed to avoid temptation completely myself.

I can't rely on my accuracy of the scales at the moment because i haven't been to the toilet for days. My bowels always get stuck up when i go on a diet. I need to eat more lentils and beans to get them working well. I shall try to eat some lentils for lunch. also of course miso soup is very very salty so that means lots of water retention.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 AM   #21
Pattience

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/04/07/aloo-gobi/http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/04/07/aloo-gobi/

The above link is to the recipe i used for my indian cauliflower potato dish. Its proper name is Aloo Gobi and its one of my favourite indian dishes. however, i left out a lot of ingredients, especially the chilli because i don't like it very much. A little bit is a good idea though.

Today's food:

Breakfast
3/4 cup muesli
3/4 cup milk
Cuppacino The spelling of that seems wrong.

Lunch:
Salad as follows:
1/2 cup tinned lentils
1/2 cup leftover bean salad with dressing included
1 small beetroot grated
2 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 thick slices cucumber, diced
5 walnut halves.

Later on a big mango, diced

Evening:
1/3 cup red wine.
1 loose cup aloo gobi
1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
1/2 lime squeezed over all.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #22
Pattience

For no good reason yesterday turned out to be not a very good day. I had to work in the afternoon, which was fine but before that i had to go to the doctor. We talked about why i didn't want to go and get my breast lump examined for a deeper biopsy. Now my doctor thinks i'm depressed. I'm not but talking about why i don't want any treatment, even if it is malignant, brought me down a bit. She wants to see me again next week, but i'd rather not really. So because of that i did eat a bit more than i meant to today.

Breakfast:
cornflakes as usual.

Lunch:
I only just had enough time to make a vegemite sandwich before leaving home and i was fine with that and a couple of cups of coffee. But i was hungry by the time i got home at 4.30.

So:
I had a glass of wine.
Then when watching the tennis afterwards, i decided on a delicious mango, then another. My mangos are very large. I was aware of having that feeling that i could eat until the cows come home. Instead i had dinner.

Dinner:
1 cup aloo gobi
1/2 cup cooked rice.

And that was that. not too bad but i didn't like how my mood started to bring on this appetite change. I was inexplicably quite tired and so went to bed with my new book Dracula which i'm enjoying. I've never seen a dracula film so the story is fairly new to me and its rather good reading.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #23
Pattience

Food today was better, on track.

Breakfast:
cornflakes and coffee

Lunch
Vegemite sandwich of whole grain toast, butter on one toast only and vegemite which is low cal.
2 small lumps of bocconcini cheese

Dinner
Aloo gobi as usual.
1/3 cup full cream yoghurt (but with no added cream - as most yoghurt that is not low fat seems to be here these days- which annoys me no end as well).
1 small orange

Coffee all day as usual.

The scale was 76.2 this morning so it hasn't budged much this last week. Today's food is a bit less than usual. I am not at all hungry. My self talk about resolve and so on seems to be really working.

I'm also working on my sewing but it did take me a while to get there today. I was happy because i started on a new pattern and it seems to be going ok so far. And did some more tedious sewing jobs which weren't too bad in the end either. I feel like i'm making progress. I also ordered some fabric. And another fabric parcel arrived today. Nothing very exciting in it, just cotton lycra. black and white. No fun at all really.

I chopped a big chunk out of my finger tonight with the scissors. Lucky dad was around to patch me up. It would have been awkward on my own.

Last edited by Pattience : 01-21-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #24
Pattience

I think the scale finally tipped into the 75kg yesterday.

Food today:

Breakfast
Cornflakes and coffee as usual

Lunch:
a bowl of chopped carambola (3) and 1/2 cup yoghurt
Salad with 1/2 cup lentils, tomato, 2 boccocini, 1 tsp olive oil, and i can't remember the other things but whatever it was, it was light on calories, oh not it wasn't, it was 5 walnuts halves.

I gotta say walnuts make a salad really delicious and it doesmt take much

dinner:
1 cup pasta, cooked
1/2 cup pasta bake sauce with ricotta
some frozen spinach.
1 glass wine
Old 01-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
Pattience

Food today:

Breakfast:

cornflakes and coffee

Lunch:
Vegemite sandwich.
I was at work and knock off at 1pm. I had some things to do in town but by the end of that, i was starting to feel a bit peckish so i was glad to get home where a coffee did the trick.

I think i might have had something like a mango or was that later on? I had a glass of wine at about 5pm.

Dinner:
1 cup of aloo gobi
1/2 cup cooked rice.
1/2 a lime squeezed over

Later:
about 8 lychees. I remembered i'd bought some at the supermarket earlier and gave in to the thought of them.

Its raining all day. Great for my garden and i don't have to turn on the sprinklers. No sign of the ducks today.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #26
Pattience

Food today:

Breakfast:
cornflakes and coffee

Lunch:
Salad: 1/3 cup lentils (all that was left in the tin), 1 small beetroot finely grated, 1 medium carrot, finely grated, 5 walnut halves, 1tsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and i thought there was another vegetable but i can't remember what it is now. Anyway this was delicious. Later: it was 1/2 cup of bean sprouts..

Dinner:
Glass of wine
125g spaghetti with 1/2 cup san remo tomato sauce and in that, 2 medium mushrooms, sautéed in 1tsp olive oil, half a zucchini sliced which i added to the spaghetti to cook. A small chunk of hard parmesan (about 1 tbsp grated).

Coffee all day.

I woke up at 4am this morning and now i'm just about ready for bed at not quite 9pm. I worked pretty steadliy in my sewing room and did some active gardening this afternoon.

Last edited by Pattience : 01-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #27
Pattience

75.8kg this morning.

I've decided to keep on with the beans and lentils for lunch in a salad. I think its a great solution to getting in the beans if you don't feel like cooking , which i currently do not.

also i discovered that keeping a finely diced onion in the fridge in a jar makes it easy for me to add this to salads and stops me wasting onions.

Cornflake breakfast as usual:

Lunch Salad:
1/2 cup canned chickpeas
1 tomato diced
1 small carrot grated
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1tbsp finely diced onion
1 clove garlic
1tsp olive oil
dash of balsamic vinegar
squeeze of half a lemon because i have them
black papper and pinch of salt.
5 half walnuts broken into smaller bits.

This is also a very yummy salad. Makes about two cups so its quite filling and satisfying.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #28
Pattience

It may or may not be premature but this morning the scales said 75kg. So i changed my profile accordingly.

Dinner yesterday:

I've decided to have either wine or fruit salad. today i had fruit salad

In my bowl i had 1 large mango cheek, 1 large banana and 1/2 a pomegranate.

After that
1 cup aloo gobi
1/2 cup cooked rice.

Coffee all day.

I potted up my frangipani cuttings today. I hope they will be fine as i haven't put them in sand and they do need really good drainage. So fingers crossed.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #29
Pattience

Today:

Breakfast: cornflakes with milk as usual and coffee

Lunch:
My basic legume salad:
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 large tomato diced
1 small beetroot finely grated
1 cup mixed green leaves
small sprinkling of goats fetta
1tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
black pepper

at 6pm ish
Glass of wine.

Later dinner:
I sort of mucked this up because i was late and also trying to watch the tennis and we had a lot of blackouts.
It was meant to be a pasta veggie bake. In the end it had the same ingredients but all cooked in disarray and then thrown in the bowl together.

1 cup pasta
1/2 cup ricotta pasta bake mix from San Remo or Leggos
Broccoli and cauliflower - probably about a cup full.

Coffee all day.

I didn't get too much sewing done today. My book dracula is keeping me up and i love it. Also playing too much Hearts on the computer. But i did do about an hour of mowing which is quite physical.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #30
Pattience

So today has been a bit different. BEcause i got up quite late - 10am, i am trying to keep to two meals. I know i can go fine on two meals if i eat enough calories in both. I don't think its good to eat late in the evening when on a diet though if i get really hungry and i'm still up late i might have to eat something.

So breakfast:
A big fruit salad:
1 banana
1 mango cheek
1 piece paw paw 1/2 lime squeezed over

Lunch came at about 5pm:
potato salad
and leftover veggie bake from last night with small piece of grated parmesan cheese on it.

The potato salad:
1 medium small potato diced
2 small eggs boiled
1tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp whole egg quality mayonnaise
black pepper

It was yummy.

I though i could have some more fruit. My banana are rather ripe and need eating up. But i haven't done it yet.

I also did about 40 minutes of brush cutting which is quite strenuous.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.