General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #1  
diamondgeog

Default Really helpful and amazing video: fit to fat to fit

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e_gdata_player

I just came across this amazing video. On the one hand it is kind of kitschy and gimmicky. But I think it has some valuable lessons people for starting out.

A fit personal trainer eats poorly for 6 months and doesn't exercise. An not super outrageously bad by current standards for many.

In any event I think it was important he found out you can be eating lots of calories but still literally 'starving'. Modern food so devoid of nutrients body is hungry an hour later.

Good lessons about the power of whole, fresh foods. It's a lifestyle not a diet. Yes we preach that but pretty powerful coming from him. And the goal is health not scale weight per se.

He also found he did get 'addicted' and had withdraw from Mountain Dew in particular.

Well done video overall, worth a watch.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-12-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Ill have to finish watching it tomorrow, but thanks for sharing!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #3  
diamondgeog

It is a bit long but worth it. He has his takeaway lesson slide at the 35 minute mark or more.

I have been watching the other video from the conference as well by Dr. Tracy Gibbs. Even longer. But wow amazing also. Someone could watch these two videos and succeed if they were motivated. Great info.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWWpusOVws

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-13-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Finished watching it just now. What a great video!!

One thing that really stuck out to me was when he was talking about cinnamon toast crunch cereal -- he said he can't keep it in the house because it's a trigger food for him and he'll eat the entire box. That made me feel better. Like, okay, here's this super fit, healthy guy, and even HE has weaknesses and food triggers.

I'm going to check out his site and blog.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #5  
diamondgeog

I just bought his book. It isn't particularly well written. But that is not who he is. It is around $4 as a Kindle book now and I would still recommend it. The back has exercise plans and meals. I haven't checked that out yet.

What he found was when he was in the middle of a the 'bad' 'typical' processed food diet then he found he got hooked. I don't think he is hooked anymore. Mountain Dew he even had withdrawal symptoms. But it helped him better understand when his clients said I really am hooked.

The good news and I am also living proof of this is you can dehook. I used to have so many bad food 'addictions'. It was really constant in retrospect. But when I found my motivation it allowed me to go cold turkey. The transition was bad for a week or so. Then the next couple of weeks I might have been a bit grumpy and sluggish. Then......well if not bliss at least a little heavenly singing. I am free now. Hunger way down. I can have virtually anything now and not binge.

That is the weird thing. I have had occasional fries, pizza, chicken wings, queso, potato chips. They have no hold on me anymore. I have them say at my daughter's bday party and I am just fine later that day. Not super hungry, not craving them.

But I had to go cold turkey for about a month first.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-14-2014 at 08:44 AM.