3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

What Are You Reading Jan 2014?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #16
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I just began Flower Confidential about the floral industry and how selective breeding has created the flowers we commonly see now (i.e. no scent, but long lasting and bigger knock-out blooms) I found it secondhand like most of my books. I love it when someone with my interests donates books to thrift shops! If I find one book that I love, I look more closely because, chances are, there are more to be found from that same person's library!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #17

I just finished reading The Fault In Our Stars. Very good book. I don't have anything too negative to say about it really.

I am now starting The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I generally like reading the book(s) first.
lemc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #18
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
The original Bram Stokers, "Dracula"!
I read this on the car ride from family right before the new year.

I just finished book 1 and 2 of the Hunger Game Series, and am finishing the Third soon. Then on to the 13th book in the Wheel of Time Series!
I've decided to leave 3FC, In the crowd of so many, those of us with no success that have the audacity to feel bad about our incredibly slow and almost stagnate weight loss, are merely a nuisance to those that are successful. I hope everyone else finds the support they need.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #19

S/C/G: 320/250.4/160

Height: 5'8

The Once and Future King by T.H. White.

I love the Arthurian legend so it's about time I read it.
livcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #20
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hunger Game Series is done. UGH! The ending was disappointing for me. I won't give anything away though. Second book by far was my favorite.

On to the 13th book in the Wheel of Time Series!!!
I've decided to leave 3FC, In the crowd of so many, those of us with no success that have the audacity to feel bad about our incredibly slow and almost stagnate weight loss, are merely a nuisance to those that are successful. I hope everyone else finds the support they need.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #21

S/C/G: 217/217/135

Height: 5ft7

The guardians of childhood series. Its what one of my favorite movies- Rise of the Guardians- is based off of. It's such a sweet series.

= 10 pounds!
imabehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #22

S/C/G: 181/135.6/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheramama View Post
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I just finished Divergent and enjoyed it decently well. But I've heard horrible things about Allegiant so I'm reluctant to continue. It even has a three star rating on Amazon when both of the other books have 4.5.
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #23
Learning to Think Healthy

S/C/G: 195/181/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaise View Post
But I've heard horrible things about Allegiant so I'm reluctant to continue.(
I was very disappointed in Allegiant. There was really no more character development. Newly introduced characters were bland and uninteresting. The author started to "tell" you what was going on instead of describing it. Ending was probably the best part, even though it was sad.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by September 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #24

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

I just finished Such a Pretty Fat, I've got your number, and if I stay. The first two made me laugh the last one made me cry. I enjoyed all three but should of read them in opposite order.
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #25

I just finished Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. If you like YA Dystopian Society, its a pretty great book. Its been on my to-read list, but I gotta get the first two books read soon. I won the third book in a giveaway on Goodreads. An "uncorrected proof" that doesn't come out officially until the end of this month.

Sadly, its not signed. 1 out of 3 of the books I've won were, but it was a new/unknown author.

Last edited by Psychic : 01-09-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #26
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

A friend sent me this link today -- 16 Books to Read Before They Hit Theaters This Year

I've only read one of them, so I better get busy!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #27
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default Like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaise View Post
I just finished Divergent and enjoyed it decently well. But I've heard horrible things about Allegiant so I'm reluctant to continue. It even has a three star rating on Amazon when both of the other books have 4.5.
I actually really liked it bc it had a shocker twist. I think that's what gets readers sometimes. It's one thing to be disappointed but another when it doesn't play out like you want. I can guarantee it's the latter that got people. Read it and see what you think.

Back in Shape
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheramama View Post
It's one thing to be disappointed but another when it doesn't play out like you want. I can guarantee it's the latter that got people.
See, it wasn't disappointment on how the story progressed for me. I just thought that the writer could do so much better. As I said, she just started telling the story instead of describing what was going on, like she did in the first two books. I feel like she rushed the release of Allegiant.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #29
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

The girl who fell to earth by Sophia Al-Maria. It's a memoirs of a woman growing up with an American mom and a Qatari Bedouin dad.

helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #30

S/C/G: 331/283/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

While I'm still reading Game of Thrones, I also started reading The Disaster Artist. I got this for my husband for Christmas, and he (not much of a reader) read it in less than a week. It's the account of the friendship between the author (an actor) and Tommy Wiseau (writer, director, actor) before and during the filming of the movie The Room. If you've never seen the movie it is so bad it is hilarious. It wasn't intended as humor, but as drama, but it has gained a cult status. I've only just started the book, but it is laugh out loud funny.

www.goodreads.com/Saela

Doing this one day at a time.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.